“Well worth it”

Studio 6 Lubbock TX
Ranked #27 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We've stayed here nearly a dozen times during the last 12 months visiting our son at school. Because we sometimes bring another kid or two, we've stayed in all the different room configurations -- 2 bdrm and 1 bdrm suites and the studio. Depends what you need. The 2 bdrm has an upstairs loft arrangement, no doors, so if you are looking for privacy keep looking. It does offer a second bathroom and a TV upstairs, which is nice for the kids. The 1 bdrm suite has French doors separating the bedroom from the living area and 2 TVs; the studio does not -- that's the basic difference in the layouts..The rooms have been immaculate and are upscale, similar to what you would find in a Marriott resort. Beds are comfortable, quality linens and pillows and the noise level is mostly undetectable. The fireplace is a bonus in the colder months. Since our son wants a home cooked meal, the kitchen is a must for us, plus saves on eating out. There are basic utensils and pots, pans, dishes, etc. but if you plan to do a lot of cooking consider bringing some of your own kitchen stuff. There is also an outside basketball, badminton court next to the pool that comes in handy for the kids. The only downside, and it isn't a big deal, is the breakfast area tends to get crowded and that's just a byproduct of the setup being more of a residence than a motel. Evenso, the staff keeps the buffet stocked and is very accommodating. We've stayed at several hotels in the area, but if you plan to stay more than a night or are bringing kids, this one is worth it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite over the studio for space and privacy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Slightx
There are newer reviews for Studio 6 Lubbock TX

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Overall, the expected quality of a Residence Inn in space and function. But honestly, the staff went "above and beyond". I came in tired after two 18 hour days of travel and work, just to crash for the night. The person that oversaw all the coffee, food, meals greeted me as if she knew me, and offered to get me coffee while I checked in. When I stopped for a glass of wine that evening, I was greeted with "so glad you came back, please jump in and serve yourself".
This person really made the difference for me. Genuine, caring, and a pleasure to have.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This motel is excellent place to stay all of the employees are very respectful especially Trena she has been very helpful during our stay. You could not ask for a better place to stay. Excellent General Manager Scott. They have the BEST breakfast Bar, Rhonda, that girl can cook. And the maintence man Joe always very helpful. The rooms are nice, clean and well kept. Location is excellant, just moments away from shopping, entertainment, and across the walk from dinning! COME SEE!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is one of the old style Residence Inns with mult buildings.

The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to be helpful. Too bad they saddled with this ageing property. The furniture was beat up. The door was so hard to open I went to the desk to get a new key and then discovered the door frame had been repainted so many times it made door/frame too tight to open easily. Housekeeping was average This property for a major overhaul. Probably won't return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KCMA79
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here recently for a weekend and had a mixed experience. (A short stay for this type of hotel because my family is Marriott Rewards members and prefer Marriott properties.) When we arrived, the woman working the desk was very friendly and upgraded both of our rooms. The next day, the man working the desk was also very friendly and apologized profusely that I had to wait for him to come up to the front from the office. So, the staff seems great.

However, I had a huge issue with the fact that in one of my bathrooms, there was a large blood stain on the floor in front of the vanity. This was not red wine, cranberry juice, red Gatorade, etc. It was definitely blood. There was a circle on the carpet where someone had obviously tried to clean it, to no avail. Since I had another bedroom, I just used that one and left a note for housekeeping.

However, when I arrived back at my room Saturday night after being gone all day, no housekeeping had been done on my room at all. I made sure I hadn't left the "Do Not Disturb" on the door. I hadn't. Luckily I had that other bathroom to get dry towels and more shampoo and conditioner, and I'd only used one of my coffee packs.

As another reviewer mentioned, the furniture could also use some upgrades. The "wooden" items are definitely particle board, and every piece in my room had chunks missing from damage. The TV in the upstairs bedroom (with the blood stain) was also broken and permanently leaned to one side.

If the staff hadn't been friendly and the outside of the property well maintained, I wouldn't have rated this as high as Average. The issues I experienced can be fixed and hopefully will.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in buildings 6 - 10 for something quieter. 3 and 5 are near the Loop and although not...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Whenever I come to Lubbock, TX, even if other hotels offer presidential suites accomodation to me or my family, we always want to remain loyal, and stay at the Marriott Residence Inn; because of the genuine heartfelt kindness of your GM Mr. Scott Tareski. His staff, whether they are front desk, housekeeping, kitchen or maintenance department are always warm, friendly and superb in their treatments of your guest. They make us feel like we are royalty to the point that we are embarrassed to accept their sincere gestures.
Again, you have a great general manager and staff at this Lubbock location that corporate Marriott would be wise to duplicate. Thank you for making our travels memorable, we are very grateful.

Room Tip: Choose a room away fron the main freeway or roads.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My company is working on a large project in Lubbock over the next year & after a price crisis with another hotel I called the Residence Inn with fingers crossed that they would be able to help several of our employees. Boy did they! Not only did Scott Tareski (the GM of this hotel) get us rooms for the employees who were having the problem(s) he was able to get rooms for all my employees & NOT hike up his rates. He & his staff are pleasant when our employees come in & if there is EVER a problem they are sure to look into it & make corrections if needed. I always get a call back if I leave a message & my employees all love the staff. I have worked in the hotel industry and know how hard it is to keep a guest happy, but I can tell you that this GM & his staff have done just that. We will be giving him any business we can in the future. Great job Residence Inn Staff…you all are AWESOME!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business