“Can not be beat.”

Ranked #25 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Can not be beat.”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

You will stay nowhere that the staff can be nicer, more accommodating, more helpful, more friendly. Anyone who has a bad experience at this hotel was just looking for something. One call to the desk or talking with a staff member will take care of any problem asap!!

Room Tip: Ask for room at back, will be away from any traffic, very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Scott T, General Manager at Studio 6 Lubbock TX, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for completing a review of our hotel. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Clovis, NM
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I'm not kidding. We spent one night here and have reservations for 4 nights next month, We were greeted at the front door by a Manager, check in was easy and the lady took us to our room making sure that everything was perfect. She couldn't have been nicer. Any request was immediately confirmed. The room and bath was spotless, breakfast included eggs, hash browns, and bacon as well as sausage biscuits, fruit, cereal etc, The bed was truly a king. Kitchenette was fully equipped and a card stated that the stall will "fill your refrigerator" upon reques if you pay for the groceries. All in all it was a perfect stay and I highly recommend this property..

Room Tip: All of them are good. There is no elevator and stairs to second floor units so ask for a first floor...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for letting everyone know about the great service we provided. All of our employees strive to be brilliant hosts to our guests and so happy to know we indeed did host you brilliantly. Thank you again for your wonderful review.
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stay in hotels around 200+ days a year and the stay at this Residence Inn was fantastic. The staff was gracious and kind. Anything I needed was delivered promptly and always with a smile. I would recommend this property anytime.

Room Tip: Either a one or two bedroom. It is always nice to be able to have a living room and seperate bedroom...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on the staff and our service. We hope you'll come back and visit soon!
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Having been loyal Marriott Elite members for 9 years, my husband and I were horrified to stay at this hotel for one night as we moved across the country with our truck and trailer, looking only for a place to lay our heads. We arrived late in the evening and were greeted by the chaotic circus show that is the Residence Inn Lubbock. There were easily 30 or 40 people milling about outside, including small children - teenagers. In fairness, we couldn't hear much noise within our room, but the general atmosphere felt less than safe. When we checked in at the front desk, we were not greeted; we were not thanked for our loyalty as Elite members; and more importantly, it was quite difficult to communicate with the front desk staff over the noise of a woman refusing to pay her bill. Despite having a back office and numerous other rooms where the staff could have conducted this acrimonious interaction, they apparently thought the front desk was the appropriate place to air dirty laundry. (Side note--this particular dispute continued for hours and the police were present each time my husband returned to our vehicles. Now, that particular part is not the hotel's fault. I just think they should have tried to move their dispute to a location that wasn't directly affecting other guests.) Finally, considering how far removed the hotel is from any type of convenience store, the sundries shop is woefully understocked.

As for the room, it appeared nicely decorated, but was in shoddy condition. For example, the bottom seam of one cushion on the couch was actually ripped from end to end and the stuffing was falling out. Trash was littered throughout the walkways of the property and there was a general sense of just not caring.

I could have lived with all of the aforementioned attributes, but what really sealed the deal for me was when the front desk staff delayed our timely departure so that we could get back to our road trip. We tried to check out at 6:00 AM and couldn't because the front desk hadn't run the audit/report from the day prior and we had to wait for our receipt. I know 6:00 AM is early, but its not so early that we shouldn't be able to check out in a timely fashion, especially when there are no other guests at the counter.

Finally, I should mention that we paid as much to stay one night at this dump as we have paid at Courtyard, Renaissance, and Marriott properties in far larger, nicer cities. I don't plan to be back in Lubbock anytime soon; but if I am, I'll avoid this place like the plague. We were so tired and exhausted when we got in--all we needed was some classic Marriott service and instead we got worse service than an RV park. In fact, I can name 3 RV parks that are cleaner, sharper, and have far superior service.

Room Tip: Stay at any other property in Lubbock if possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Scott T, General Manager at Studio 6 Lubbock TX, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
Arlington
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Residence Inn for business last month. I was completely satisfied with the accommodations. The hotel has free internet access which is very important when traveling for business. The staff is extremely friendly and professional on all levels. The hotel is centrally located and close to the freeway which provides east access to everywhere you could possibly need to go. And the breakfast was to die for. It is not your usual continental breakfast that you get at most hotels. There is a full breakfast menu served that includes meat, fruit, eggs and veggies. The pool is clean and refreshing and the hotel even has a workout facility. I am not sure what more one could ask for in a hotel that you can not receive here. The beds are clean and comfortable and the cable tv shows all of the good channels. I give this hotel five stars and will recommend to anyone who needs a nice hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MrsThomas14
Thank you very much for all the kind words following your stay with us.

The time of sharing your impressions is very much appreciated. All the team was delighted to read that your stay with us and especially the staff were so enjoyable. We look forward to having the chance to welcome you back in the near future!

Please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance with a future booking.
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We booked this room on Booking.com the day of the stay and got a room with King bed and sofa sleeper for $102. In this day and age unfortunately this is usually a rate that gets you one step above a "no-tell" motel in a lot of cities. We were only looking for a one night stay for a mini vacation (we only live 2 hours away) and decided to take a chance. When we got to the hotel the first thing we noticed was that it was located to the Science Spectrum, which we were visiting the next day, and also the Target and nice restaurants. The outside of the hotel was clean and appeared to be in clean working condition. When I went into the lobby to check in I was impressed with how clean it was and also that there was a sitting area with TV and computer with internet access. There were people watching TV and hanging out and there was a very friendly atmosphere. The only snag we had was that when we checked in the girl at the counter told us that they were overbooked and she was surprised the site let us book a room (Not sure whose fault this was hotels or sites). She was very friendly throughout the entire process and was able to upgrade us at no charge to a two room suite for the night. This made my children's entire stay to have their "own" room! The room was clean, the beds were made freshly ( I used to work in housekeeping and you would be surprised how often this is an issue!), the kitchen was very nice and stocked and if we had been staying longer would have felt comfortable making a meal. Floors were clean, bathrooms were clean overall impressed with the room. Next day worked out in exercise room equipment was older but who goes on vacation to work out anyway?!? After we ate breakfast in lobby and could not believe how many options we had. Sausage and bacon, think was turkey :( but didn't let that get me down too much because the Texas shaped waffles were amazing. Eggs, potatoes. cereal, yogurt, muffins, milk, juice and coffee! Everything was well cooked and hot. Kids swam in the pool which was for the most part clean and everything was in good condition. Basketball court and volleyball. Everyone we encountered on the staff had a smile and asked how we were or how our stay was. I have never dealt with such friendly staff at any hotel, ever. We will be giving this hotel another chance if we ever decided to take another mini trip to Lubbock. I don't know if the overbooking is common at this hotel but would still risk for next time due to how nice everything is.

Room Tip: All rooms are exterior which is very nice. Area was quite other than highway noise which really didn...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Scott T, General Manager at Studio 6 Lubbock TX, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We do know you have other options to chose when staying Lubbock and we appreciate you chosing us. We do hope to welcome you back very soon!
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I just completed a stay at the Residence Inn in Lubbock and I was absolutely satisfied. The hotel, Scott and the staff exceeded my expectations. I booked my room with Lashonda and she was a pleasure to deal with. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2014
Great review! And hooray for LaShonda! We appreciate you choosing us and thank you for taking the time to review - we hope to have you back again soon.