“Great for families”

Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
Temple, Texas
“Great for families”
Reviewed 2 February 2010

We stayed here with our daughter, son-in-law and 9 month old grand-daughter. We were in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. Each bedroom had a king size bed. Our assigned room had a door that wouldn't close properly (there was a lot of snow and ice in the door frame) and they quickly moved us to another room. The rooms had been partially renovated. The carpet and paint looked new, but the wood furniture was scratched and dated. The bath had granite countertops and the sink unit looked new. I would like more towel racks. The kitchen was nice, especially for warming baby bottles. The pillows were fluffy but not much support. (I guess I should have asked for firmer pillows.) Overall the place was very clean. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good. The best surprise is that when I checked out my bill was actually $10.00 less than my confirmation on-line. I guess there was a weekend special. It was a very good value for us because we had 2 families in one room instead of paying for 2 separate motel rooms which would have been 2 times as much.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Lubbock TX, responded to this review, 18 May 2010
Thank you for your review and the time you took to let us know about the
things you experienced while staying at the Residence Inn Lubbock!
We look forward to seeing you again, during your next trip to Lubbock.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
California
Reviewed 4 October 2009

First, the staff are great. But this does not make up for filthy rooms, no toilet paper (can you believe that- for $150 a night....not a square to spare...no hand towels on the vanity etc..no ice maker or ice ....and a bug actually crawled out of the sheets on to me. Gross!
The grounds are full of trash...... There was no excuse for the filthy conditions at the outrageous rates they were charging. They take advantage of the desperation and they abuse the "Marriott" logo. Try Townplace first if you want a Marriott. Its a little run down,
but nothing like this.

The staff at the check in desk were great and it is not their fault that the housekeeping and maintenece staff are non-existent.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and feedback.
We are sorry your stay was disappointing.
We have used your review to improve our service and product.
If you are visiting Lubbock again, please call us....I think you
will be surprised at the great changes we have made to the
hotel!

Travellers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2009

We have always stayed at the Residence Inn in lubbock because we can get a big room and have our small dogs would have stayed at embassy suites or homewood suites if it wasn't for our dogs. Before it was okay nothing great but it fit our needs. Now its renovated and 100x better. You can tell the room just got renovated and I don't think they are done because there are little things that you can tell haven't been fixed but they just hurried and got it in working order because its move in weekend for Tech students... But this is a complete change and I would tell people that didn't like it before to try it again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for the review & your feedback.
We are sorry your stay at the Residence Inn Lubbocl was disappointing.
We have used your comments to improve our service and product.
If you are traveling to Lubbock again soon, please call us to make your
reservations. You will be surprised with the new "look" of the property and the
staff is great!
Fort Worth
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We traveled 300 miles today. Checked in and went to room which was very dirty...unvaccumed and dirty bathroom, went to desk and got second room, same story, third room a little better but still not clean. Changing hotels tomorrow. Very disappointed, not what I expect from Residence Inn. Desk clerk was very professional and helpful, did everything he could to accomodate us.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Houston
Reviewed 24 April 2009

The room smelled from some terribly strong room deodorizer. I kept wondering what the flowery scent was covering up. This is a suite - we had the penthouse suite. The upholstered furniture in the living room was dirty - I was afraid to sit on it. The TV in the living room had terrible reception on several of the channels - this was supposed to be hooked up to a satellite dish, but you couldn't really tell. The TV in the upstairs bedroom had a really dark picture, as though it was an old fashioned tube TV and the tube was getting ready to burn out. The king size bed was not only lumpy, it seemed to be on a slant, the head part was higher than the foot part, almost making you feel like you could slide off the bed. There was nothing but feather pillows available, so what happens if you are allergic to feathers. You are out of luck. Last but by no means least, we tried to open the full size oven and couldn't get it open. I wondered what was in the oven that they were trying to hide. Maybe that's why they used so much smelly deodorizer. Needless to say I complained to Marriott and got a good response, but somehow that doesn't really make up for the disaster of a weekend in Lubbock.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and feedback.
We are sorry your stay was disappointing.
If you visit Lubbock again soon, please call us....you will be very
surprised of the changes to the property and service!
In January 2010, we just completed an entire property renovation & it is beautiful!
texastraveler1987
Reviewed 12 January 2009

Staying at this hotel was a great experience. The hotel had all the amenities I needed and the staff was just great! The property is under exterior renovation. I was not disturbed by it, but the staff tried to make it as little of an inconvience as possible. I also think that this renovation is going to help the hotel to look great! I loved the outside entrances, it made it seem more private. The location was great, so many good things located near by. I can't say enough good things about the property. I personally thanked the management when I left, they were so gracious. I definitely recommend this hotel to any and everyone staying in Lubbock! I used to be a Hilton guy...but Marriott may have won me over!

• Liked — Huge rooms!
  • Disliked — loved it all
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your review & feedback.
We strive to make each guest leave with a "memorable experience".
Please call us to make your reservations, the next time you visit Lubbock....you will
be surprised at the great changes we have made.
We just completed an entire rennovation of the property and it is absolutely beautiful!
Cannot wait to see you!
txmusicgoddess
Reviewed 11 January 2009

This hotel does not get the credit it deserves. Yes, it is an older proprety but, they are undergoing a FULL renovation and from what the General Manager tells me, the hotel will be untouchable one they are completed. Right now, it is only exterior renovations so, it is no inconceinevce to me as a guest. I love the rooms. They are huge with full kitchens with every kitchen utensil and cooking pot I need. Room cleanliness is superb. Feels like home! The brakfast is top notch as well as the complimentary happy hour during the week. The staff is AMAZING! They go above and beyond for every guest and seem to love the hotel and their jobs. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in Lubbock in the future. Best in town!

• Liked — The warm, friendly staff
  • Disliked — everything was great!
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your great review and feedback.
We strive to make each guest leave with a "memorable experience":
Please call us, when you plan to travel to Lubbock again.
You will be pleased and surprised how different the hotel looks.
We just completed an entire property renovation & it is Beautiful.
Cannot wait to see you!