“We will be back year after year.”

The Armadillo Farm Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luckenbach
The Armadillo Farm Campground
Bacliff, Texas
“We will be back year after year.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stay at Gay's Armadillo Farms every year for the Hill Country bike rally in Luckenbach. We do a lot of RV'ing and I have yet to find a place I like better. Everything is so clean and peaceful and Gay is an exceptional host. We look forward to our visit every year.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank woody041847

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

We rented a furnished cabin, which was very clean, and stocked full of the necessities.... a bit over-priced, but the experience of being in Luckenbach was worth it.........Office staff was pleasant and of course the people of Luckenbach were very friendly and welcoming.....I will definately be back! : )

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank dolphingirl1970
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

My husband & I took our 5 kids in an RV to this place last Spring Break. All of us enjoyed it! The owner was fabulous.. .very friendly & accomodating! She was very knowledgeable & helpful. Showers were clean. Will absolutely go back! Very fun!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank kimberlyevans4
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

My family and I spent 2 glorious nights at Gay's Armadillo Farm Campground and we absolutely loved our stay there. We had Cabin 3 and it was perfect for us. Close to the bathrooms which we LOVED, close to the fire ring which was a MUST. My 5 year old grandson was so very happy and had a blast! The campground is very well maintained and extremely clean. We plan to revisit Gay and Luckenbach as often as our schedules will allow! Thank you GAY for having us and letting us celebrate our Birthday's the way our family loves to!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank VirginiaBrown50
Tomball, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

If you want relaxation, goodtimes, comfort & beautiful surroundings, then I highly recommend the Armadillo Campground. I almost forgot, This is a perfect place to look at Stars, watch Fireflies, and much more. We went with freinds and just chilled on the porch some, and in the woods, perfect weather as it was the end of September (the 25th I beleive). The owner is so down to earth and made sure that we felt welcome, by letting us know she wanted us to enjoy our stay, and to please let her know if there was anything we needed, just ask her. Because of how much fun we had the first year, we returned agian for what I beleive is now going to be an annual trip there.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shortbike
Rosharon, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

I booked a Camp Cabin for the Oktoberfest weekend in Fredricksburg. Upon arriving, we were greeted very warmly by Gay who answered all of our questions and then showed us where we would be staying. The campground was very clean and the Morgan building we stayed in was perfect as far as what we needed. It had a full-size bed and a bunk bed along with a table, A/C, electricity, a nice little deck, a grill and a nice fire ring right outside the cabin. The restrooms were just a small walk downhill. They even have a horseshoe pit (which I completely forgot to take advantage of)!!!! We had brought our own firewood for the fire but Gay had told us they had plenty more if we ran out. The midnight noise curfew was fantastic allowing us to hang outside and play music around the fire (Gay actually came around to check it out and listened for a bit before heading off).

I will be back for sure and will tell all of my friends that enjoy camping and being outdoors to check this place out if they are going to be in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Rosharon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

Not sure why this place got a bad review... maybe they were the ones out of meds. Anyways we met the owner and quickly found that there was nothing to be worried about. She was welcoming even though we got there after dark, and promptly handed us our keys to our Morgan building. Since I didn't book the trip, I didn't expect to stay in a metal building, but I do have to say they were extremely well kept, comfortable, and have electricity for your phone/whatever. Midnight quiet hours were perfect for getting in some drinks and music playing before calling it a night. Peaceful surroundings, excellent starry sky, beautiful trees and hills. What is there not to like?

Also, just to throw in, campfire wood was provided although we brought our own, as was a grill. I have a feeling if we need just about anything else, the manager would have been happy to provide it. A++

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank ratamacue172
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luckenbach
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 25 in Fredericksburg
Super 8 Fredericksburg
Super 8 Fredericksburg
#22 of 25 in Fredericksburg

Been to The Armadillo Farm Campground? Share your experiences!