“Most uncomfortable bed ever! Westy's place!”

The Armadillo Farm Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luckenbach
The Armadillo Farm Campground
Reviewed 7 May 2013

From the time we arrived I flashed back to my 1st day of boot camp! The owner of the campground was very rude and spoke in a tone that was uncalled for especially someone in the hospitality business . I was suspicious of only taking a check for the down payment but was totally shocked that only cash was accepted for the Ballance of the room. I asked for a receipt and got a business card with some little writing handwritten on the back! IRS you may want to do a little audit there!
We went exploring the area arriving back late. The cabin was nice but when I sat on the bed it was as hard as a board and all night the springs poked us. One terriable night. I called the office and assumed the mattress was stolen and the cleaning service just made the bed on the box spring! She had the balls to tell me this isn't the Hyatt regency and told me these are very good cowboy mattresses! After getting chewed out for complaining! We went to Walmart and bought a foam pad! The next nights sleep was great!
My advice is DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: April 2013
8  Thank Jarhead1962

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Never in my life have I been treated so rudely for simply asking a question to whomever answered the phone at this campsite...there are plenty of other campsites in the area with lovely people working for them...the treatment I received was uncalled for!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Becky W
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We absolutely LOVE, LOVE this little rustic place! This is our home away form home every time we go to the Hill Country! We love the little cabins and firepits provided to camperrs. We've had no problems with the owner, Gay, whatsoever. She is honest and easygoing. I appreciate that she is there if you need her, but doesn't bother you if she's not needed. If you tick Gay off, you've surely done something that she warned ya not to do! I appreciate her being up front and telling us the rules of the campground. I respect her and her campground and, in turn, she respects our privacy. Thank you, Gay, for providing a great, inexpensive place for us to stay and enjoy the beauty of the Hill Country! P,S. Would like a newer bed though! It's just a bit hard for our backs!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AidaTexas
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The manager was about the most unpleasant individual I have ever met.

• Stayed: July 2012
8  Thank CampChamp
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I was at the campground the same time as "asimpleheart", I must say our experience was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT we had a FABULOUS time as always. Gay was as always great to work with! We had a total of 3 campers and moved right in and had no issues! ARMADILLO FARMS is one of the best camp grounds, Gay welcomed us, check on us and even asked if we would like to go to church with her. We will definately be back next year.

If you do have pets she does ask they are kept on a leash and walked in a specific area, I would say that is respect to others !!!!!

GAY, DONT CHANGE A THING!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lovestocamp374
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Spent this last weekend here. Upon arrival Gay met us outside and immediately went into OVERLOAD mode, barking orders, etc. at us. Went to site we were to put our Travel Trailer and stated barking orders on how to park! Trying to talk to her was not something to do. Another couple came with us with their Travel Trailer also and another couple who were staying in Fredericksburg. She told them to leave as they were in her way....they stayed and ignored her. (They were not in her way at all). She was not kind at all. Does not take Credit Cards and receipt was her writing on the back of a Business Card. After paid never saw her again, which was a Blessing! She needs an ATTITUDE adjustment.
As far as the grounds...very sparse..but was kept ok. Will not stay here again!

Room Tip: If you bring a dog they MUST stay on a leash all all times outside, if you leave you have to turn a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank asimpleheart
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed the weekend (Friday-Sunday) in the Camp House Cabins! There were three cabins all in a row, which made it perfect for us to have our own "private" campground! The cabins were all nicely decorated with clean floors and mattresses! The heater worked SO WELL that we had to turn it off to keep from sweating all night! The air conditioner looked brand new, and the mattresses were stain-free! We had a great table in our cabin, and ample outlets to charge our phones, etc. Every cabin had a grill, and a firepit was centrally located between all three cabins! There were picnic benches around the firepit and every cabin had 2 nice, heavy duty plastic chairs! The bathrooms/showers were clean, and only a few steps away from the cabins! The owner is SO nice, and super accommodating! We will DEFINITELY stay here again!

Room Tip: Three Camp House Cabins are good if traveling with group.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy P

Been to The Armadillo Farm Campground? Share your experiences!