“I had such a nice and relaxing time over there, i really didn't want to go home.”

The Armadillo Farm Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luckenbach
The Armadillo Farm Campground
Tomball, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2010

This was my first trip to Luckenbach, my friends, boyfriend, father, and I rode out there on motorcycles. As soon as we got there we had our keys handed to us, and our rooms were ready. The morgan building my boyfriend and I stayed in was so perfect and affordable and really such a great idea. We had a porch and 4 chairs, a full size bed and bunk beds. The bathrooms were in a convenient location in the middle of the camp ground. Will and I were so relieved, no worries about our everyday life, in a stress free environment. I never wanted to leave and go back "home". I never sleep well the first time I spend the nigt somewhere new, I slept like a baby that night I was there. If I could live there I would. I had such a great time I can not wait until next year when our group continues on the now annual trip back to Luckenbach!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank ashleyf09

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tomball, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2010

This is one of the best places to stay in the area. Affordable, comfortable, and beautifully nestled in the oak trees of Luckenbach. It is bike friendly for all of you that are interested in making the trip to ride the windy roads of the hill country. We have stayed here several times and will return again and again. The owner takes pride in what she has and will help you ensure your stay is enjoyable.

I am reading reviews and not in agreement with the negative review on this page, but to each his own opinion. Take my advise and stay a while if you want to just get away and be someone in Luckenbach. I recommend Westy's Place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
DFW, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

The only way, I believe, this place can stay in business is being 0.4 mi. from Luckenback, TX and riding their coat tails. The place is old and kind of ratty. The manager must live with a chip on her shoulder. She distrusts EVERYONE and it shows in everything she does.
I made a reservation for Saturday 9/25/10 for a campsite. I was going to meet a couple of friends driving down with a camper from Ft. Worth. There was a 25% chance they were not going to make it that night, so I brought a tent as well. When I pulled up, I was on the phone trying to reach my friends and leaving a message. It started with the manager marching out to my truck after I had pulled in about 2-3 minutes earlier and asking what I was doing there and if I can be helped. She immediately instructed me that I need to check in before going to a campsite, AS IF THAT WASN"T OBVIOUS. Everything about her tone was the same. She was never outright offensive, but I never felt welcome even after I paid. BTW, her idea of a receipt is flipping her business card over and writing "Paid Campsite $10.00". This lady needs some instruction on capitalism. I chose never to give my hard earned $ to her business again.

There is a real clean KOA campground 4-5 miles North of Luckenbach. Save yourself the headache and call them!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank txsailor01
Whon, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

We booked a camp cabin for the Labor Day Bash in Luckenbach. We had tons of fun, Gay was very nice and helpful. When we pulled up she was kind of slammed with check ins but still took the time to show us around and talk to us about Luckenbach. The cabin was really cute and simple. There was 2 bunk beds and a full size bed, a table, chairs, fan, AC, and cute little "camper" signs gave it a special touch. We were right under a couple of peach trees that Gay told us to help ourselves to. We did and they were delicious. The bathrooms are nice as far as camp bathrooms go, different kind of posters and event flyers on the walls. We walked to Luckenbach and had a wonderful time, we will definitely be returning with more friends soon!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenpickls
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

We have been going to the Hill Country Run for the past 6 years. We stay at the Armadillo Farm Campground and love it. Gail is great I have never heard her raise her voice or say anything rude to anyone. There are rules at the Armadillo Farm Campground and you should abide by them. Great place to stay. Gail is a wonderful person. We will continue to stay there each year and we highly recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Bacliff, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

My wife and I were there April 30-May 2 this year for the Hill Country Motorcycle Run. This was our third consecutive year to attend and all three years we have stayed at Armadillo Farm Campground. We thououghly enjoy the campground because of the leisure atmosphere. Gay is a great host and is always doing things to make the stay enjoyable. We plan on staying there for years to come.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank woody041847
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

We have stayed at The Armadillo evey year for the Hill Country Run in Luckenbach. This is the best in the Hill Country for RV's, Cabins and Tents. The quiet setting is the ultimate for a laid back romantic adventure. Not sure what happened to 'Harleymanrox' but the owner/mgr-Gay is a delight. We have NEVER known her to be rude, even in a bad situation. Rules are rules and we have never had a problem since we've always abided by the rules, meant to provide all a great time. We HIGHLY recommend this place all year round and especially during the Hill Country Run.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luv2go12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luckenbach
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 25 in Fredericksburg
Super 8 Fredericksburg
Super 8 Fredericksburg
#22 of 25 in Fredericksburg

Been to The Armadillo Farm Campground? Share your experiences!