“Very Nice hotel”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Lufkin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I try to stay at Comfort Suites anytime I can and this property is the reason why. Staff is very friendly, rooms are clean and the value is great. I had to change my reservation several times and the staff was very helpful and accommodating. Just a good place to stay if you are coming through.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Our bed was a taco. We kept rolling into the middle. Moved to the other bed, and it was the same.
The bedroom and bathroom were very clean and neat.
The giggling children next door woke me up at 6am, so I wish the front desk had put a room between us and them.
The elevator was out so we had to use the stairwell, but it was clean as was the rest of the public areas.
Overall, I would have given them a higher score, but the poor beds made for a restless night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MEGP2
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Nice place, quaint attractive reception area. Very quiet. Location: was a little bit south of town but not bad. Bed was comfortable. And most importantly the air conditioner fan stayed on even when the ac unit cycled.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Definitely need some work on heating units in rooms. First room we got blew out cold air and no heat. They promptly and politely moved us. That heater worked but by morning it was completely dead. The pool and hit tub were fine. Breakfast was ok

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stay here on business and am a Choice Privilege member. This is at the top in cleanliness and friendly staff among all the Choice Hotels I have stayed in, in the last several years. They go out of their way to help when I need assistance with anything I need when I am meeting with personnel or just needing to fax something, very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Arrived in a Saturday absolutely beat from a busy work week. Plenty of effortless parking and rapid check-in... Pleasant lobby area nicely decorated... And the room was AWESOME.!! Quiet rooms and temperature was perfect in the room. Hot Shower with great water pressure... And the towels smelled really fresh and were soft like new towels should! Breakfast was pretty good, and the Staff was Absolutely Wonderful, Accommodating, and Quick to help with an issue I came across after my vehicle was blocked in by another guest. They handled that quickly and the day just got better from there. I'll definitely mark THIS location down in my "Book of a Great stays"..!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Something up front: I am a Choice Privileges Diamond Member, so obviously I prefer Comfort Inn; because in my experiences with the Comfort Inn chains, you are far more likely with Comfort Inn to get a nine great experiences and one mediocre with them than any other chain. Well I am happy to report that this Comfort Inn is at the top of list, and I have stayed in them from New York to Colorado. This is excellent, because my sister and family just moved here; so I will be frequenting this hotel over the next ten years or so. I used my points for this stay, but would have gladly paid their nightly rate. From the room reservation to the location; the breakfast bar to the fresh towels; the maid staff to the front desk; everything was tip-top shape. The building itself is probably a little older; but they keep it up very nicely. The staff was extremely helpful and generous in all their services. The pool was perfect temperature. The breakfast was one of the best ones that I've had in quite some time- I don't usually give tips to the attendants, and I generously provided one to her for her above standard marks.. The only thing that I can't comment on was the fitness center- did not have time with the kids. We will see you again soon- probably for summer break to visit again!

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel; third floor was pretty quiet. The kids slept soundly until 7:30ish!