“Quaint, Decent Room”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Lufkin
Reviewed 30 March 2007

I see alot of other people didnt really enjoy their stay here - I however, was surprised at how nice the room was - clean and it didnt smell moldy like some hotel rooms often do in humid areas. I enjoyed my stay here and the staff was very helpful. Its probably best to call and see if you can request a room to your liking if you have doubts. Wireless Interenet was a plus and I didn't have any issues at all.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 4 September 2006

A reservation was made two weeks in advance and the confirmation number was received. However, upon check-in the prices quoted were double to us as well as several other families in the lobby. We showed them our confirmation number and they said that we could pay it or leave and if we argued they would call the police.
The rudeness and unprofessionalism of the clerks as well as the management prompted me to write this review and save you the time we wasted with a company that clearly is cheating its customers.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 17 April 2006

This hotel used to be so nice - I was looking forward to staying here again, but it has gotten so run down. It is nasty - the curtains are falling off, the walls look like a bad patchwork - very spotty, but most of all the carpet was too grimy to take off your shoes! I had to stay here one night of the 9 I had planned - but never again! Worst of all - the hotel staff did not seem to notice or care.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathy T
A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
Reviewed 17 April 2006

Whenever I first go into a hotel room the first thing that I do is take off my shoes and when I did I immediately felt disgusted. It was moist and sticky. The bathroom was worst. The floor was sticky, slimmy and grimmy! YUK! The walls had been patched many times very poorly and were all scratched up. The bathroom door had a hole in it and the lamp was missing the places to plug in your laptop, etc. There were simply empty holes. Thank goodness, I only had to stay one night even though I had planned on 9 nights. I found somewhere else to stay!

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 March 2006

I was forced to stay at this run down hotel because the client refused to allow us to stay anywhere else. ;-( When I pulled the bedspread off the bed the tatty blanket underneath had a hole in it so big that my hand wouldn't cover it. Even though that was the first thing the cleaning lady would see every morning, that same holey blanket was on the bed thru the entire stay. That gives you an idea of what their quality standard is. The surfaces of the desk and night stands were sticky, so I wet a wash cloth and wiped everything down, including the hand set on the telephone which was very dirty. I had a non-smoking room but the hallway smelled strongly smoke. Maybe the floor below was the smoking floor, I don't know. The sheets were very low quality - rough and scratchy. The towels were of a quality that I use to wash my car. The bathtub had enamel missing and they had put down those stick-on no-slip strips a while back. The strips were peeling up and were gross underfoot. I always bring slippers with me and thank goodness I didn't forget them for this visit because just the thought of putting my bare feet on the nasty carpeting gave me the shivers. Luckily for me, my experience with the bed wasn't as bad as my co-worker's. He pulled back the sheets and watched as the bugs scurried. I travel every week. This hotel definitely makes my "Ten Worst" list.

2  Thank velcro_dog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lufkin
Best Western Plus Crown Colony Inn & Suites
Courtyard Lufkin
Courtyard Lufkin
#2 of 14 in Lufkin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!