“Excellent Room...Hot Breakfast”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Lufkin
Suwanee, United States
“Excellent Room...Hot Breakfast”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Room was very large, bed was very comfortable. refrigerator and free Internet. We got a good night's sleep and a hot breakfast. Front desk staff was friendly. I would recommend while staying in Lufkin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
DFW Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

The Lufkin Hampton is nice hotel located along with several other hotels on the south side of Lufkin and appears to be the nicest of the bunch. Plus, this hotel, although not in bad shape is in the midst of a remodel, which will make it even nicer. The room was comfortable, and the staff was friendly, though the folks at the front desk didn't seem to know much about Lufkin, so asking directions wasn't much help.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 April 2014

the whole first floor of the hotel was under remodeling construction. It would have been nice to have been notified of this at the time off booking or before arrival. The work was very slow. there was very little progress from day to day and not much was done even after a 13 day stay. Internet connection was horriable. I either could not get an internet connection or hold a connetion ling enough to get any work done in the evenings after working all day. The fitness center was very small and the eliptical was very wobbly, it felt almost unsafe. breakfast was the worst out of any Hampton Inn I have very stayed at.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ruby S, Manager at Hampton Inn Hampton Inn and Suites Lufkin, responded to this review, 13 January 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.
Bremond, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The room was nice and updated. They are currently remodeling the lobby area. There was some floor creaking noise, but we were very comfortable and were well taken care of by the staff. We'll stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Hallettsville, Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2014

About an hour after I checked in, I was sitting at the desk working on my laptop, when in walked another guest. He had a key that let him enter, and apologized profusely, although it wasn't his fault. I contacted the front desk, which apologized. I went down to the car to retrieve some things a little while later, and the front desk representative informed me that they would be issuing a $30 credit/gift card for the trouble, although I did not expect or request any compensation. To this date, I still have not received this credit. What bothers me about this is that if you say you are going to do something, then do it. I also don't understand why the doors have to slam and shake the room. If the Courtyard, also in Lufkin, can solve this problem, then why can't this property?

Room Tip: Book toward back of hotel and facing east. Rooms are very noisy if you are facing the highway.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GC50MH56
Ruby S, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Hampton Inn and Suites Lufkin, responded to this review, 13 January 2015
We regret that during your time with us, there were unfortunate complications and we were unable to exceed your expectations. Please know that we take your satisfaction very seriously, and will most certainly investigate the matters you expressed
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night on a business trip. Lobby was undergoing a remodel. I had a problem with my room where the front desk clerk (Aimee) did a great job in resolving it. My new room was nice and I would stay here again. Location is on hwy 59 just south of town.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
North Richland Hills, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My stays at Hampton Inn are usually rewarding. Clean, modern and comfortable. Staff help excellent. Easy to get in and out. Breakfast food okay. Usually easily accessible from a highway. Parking easily accessible to hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family