“THE WORST EVER” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Lufkin
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“THE WORST EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Blood stained comforter. Dirty towels. Holes in the wall. The smell was horrific and the air conditioner did not work. When I went to check out....I was greeted by two 10 year olds. THE WORST EVER!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sang D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

Staf was unfriendly, room was not fit people....drove from Nashville to Houston, this is the worse motel 6 we've seen...spent two hours cleaning every surface just to sit down, including a plastic bag over the remote control...blood stained towels and sheets, used Q-tips on the stained carpet

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank Antandmike

Travellers are raving about these Lufkin hotels

Fort Scott, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

Room was kind of gross, but it was cheap so I did not expect much. Fire dectector had no batteries and was not functioning. Bathroom had black stuff growing around toilet area. I also receieved a surprise of a broken windshield about 4 hours after checking in. Front desk clerk was rude and no help at all. I made a police report and was told that it is the worst area of town and not to expect them to find the offender. Needless to stay I will not be staying there again, and I highly advise that you do not waste your money or your safety either.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mae252005
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

Wish I had checked this website before I stayed at this motel. I only stayed there because I had a puppy with me and they allowed pets. The room was FILTHY. It smelled, and I had to buy air freshener to cover the smell. The "clean" towels had little black hairs on them. The carpet was stained, dirty, and I was afraid to walk on it barefoot. The mattress was terrible, and I think they have bed bugs. We stayed Friday and Saturday night, and Sunday morning I started itching. I have red, itchy bumps on my arms and legs. This place was completely disgusting and I wish I had never stayed here. Spend the extra money and go somewhere else!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2010

$40/night, but only 50% lights working, no latch on door, paint peeling off door, bed must be 20yrs old. Motel 6 regulars expect each location to have two ice machines with almost never both of them working. This property only has one ice machine (and it is "out of order"). Fire alarm on shelf in pieces.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank engraverRoy
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

This was the worst experience we have had at any Motel 6. Upon arrival to the room the carpet was dirty and the room smelled bad. The bath room had black tile grout and hair in the tub and sink. One towel had red lipstick on it. The bathroom light had rat feces. On the send day they had not cleaned out our room or changed sheets. They offered no correction of the problem. On Friday hookers and a pimp were walking the parking lot. We were afraid to park our car in the lot. The smoke detector to are room was disconnected and had no battery. It was a hell hole. Will never stay again.

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sgt1640
Lufkin, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2009

I'm in the process of moving so I decided to rent at Motel 6 for a few days. BIG mistake! Everytime I rented a room I had to go back to the front desk to get the key reactivated. The front desk help was really rude ( especially the one on the weekend ). I asked for extra towels and she would only give me one and said that if I wanted anymore I would have to walk back down there in the morning and get some more. Keep in mind I had a double bed room that had me, my fiance, and my 10 year old son in it. So I called and left my number for the manager to call - he never did. Until I called his Area Manager. Then he calls - AND GUESS WHAT? He is RUDE as well. To my surprise the front desk clerk has LIED and said I was always wanting to change rooms and I had multiple guest in my rooms. Now in the middle of me explaining that the front desk clerk is making this up - He says that he has the right to rent to anyone or not rent to anyone by his descretion and said I WOULD BE RED FLAGGED! Meaning I am no longer allowed to stay there. Can you believe that? Basically banning ME for absolutley NOTHING. But mock my words; If they continue to run that business the way they are - They won't have a business. Because God doesn't like ugly. Oh and by the way ; I started going to Diboll Inn and Suites they are super NICE and the rooms are CLEAN, the beds are COMFORTABLE, and they give you extra towels. Hey and the best part is they are only $15 - $20 more than Motel 6 . That's a small price to pay for QUALITY.

• Disliked — Managerial Staff as well as Front Desk Staff
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)