“Well Run”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Lufkin
Houston
“Well Run”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

The employees were very professional and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Our reservations were messed up because I requested two queen beds; only king rooms were available. They kindly gave us a room with a pull out bed and a roll away bed which solved the problem.
I would stay there again.

Stayed November 2013
CourtyardLufkin, General Manager at Courtyard Lufkin, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Hi! I am sorry to hear there was a mix-up with the reservations originally made; however, it is great to hear that my staff went above and beyond to find the right solution for your needs!

Thank you for the review. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Trumbull, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is great if you are a male, traveling for business. If you are a business woman traveler, well, not so much.
The rooms are clean and efficient. The front office staff is very friendly. Breakfast is adequate. Good variety and friendly wait staff. However it lacks amenities for woman. For example, the is no make up mirror in the bathroom. The hair dryer can barely dry short hair before your arm falls off I can not imagine if I had longer hair. The sink has a wide blank counter in front of it. So if you are shorter than 5'5 you will be stretching to get to the sink. Lightening in the bathroom is fluorescent. Not soft light.
Ladies, if you are traveling for business realize you are staying in a property that your male colleagues will like and you will be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Liz F
Hi Liz! Thanks for the time you took to give your review. Some of the items you mention regarding the bathroom have been discussed with our Department Staff to see what we can do to improve each guest's stay and comfort level. We always appreciate input like yours with very specific details as to what you would need to make it more comfortable. We like the idea of the make-up mirror in the bathroom and will be discussing what we can do to implement this.
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating overall. The only complaint that I have is our room at the end of the hall on the 4th floor had an awful sewer smell. The smell was only present on the 4th floor on the low end. The sink and shower water also had a unpleasant smell. When I called the front desk to complain about it, I was told that it was the city of Lufkin and there was nothing that could be done. We had to change rooms because the sewer smell was so bad that my wife was getting a headache. The sink and shower water in our second room was just as bad.

We did eat in the bistro and the food was good. As another review stated, it's easy to miss this hotel if you don't know how to get there. You exit just before the ramp to 59 South and take the service road to the hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the end of the hallway on the left side as you exit the elevator as they have a sewer...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
CourtyardLufkin, General Manager at Courtyard Lufkin, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thanks for the great comments Andrew. I know that the water in Lufkin can sometimes be harder than in most places. I am so sorry you experienced an unpleasant smell from both rooms you were in. This doesn't happen often, but when it does, it can be strong. Again, I am so sorry you and your wife had to experience that.

Lufkin is building a new road (or rather extending an old road) that will connect the shopping center behind us. We are talking to City officials to get the one enterance issue resolved. *Fingers crossed* this will be less of an issue as the 2014 year progresses.
Nacogdoches, TX
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We have stayed here several times over the last few years and it has been a great experience each time. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is very clean. Luggage carts are available inside the front door. It has a very nice outdoor courtyard complete with a fire pit. The café area is very nice. Our room was clean and well stocked with amenities. The king bed was very comfortable. It can be a bit tricky to get to the property, so read and follow the directions carefully. We often stay at Courtyard hotels and consider this to be one of the very best.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
We were so happy to have you with us last month. Thanks so much for the Trip Advisor review. I mentioned in another reveiw, but the tricky road issue is something we have in progress. The City is extending a road behind us that will lead into the shopping center behind us. We are hoping to have an additional enterance/exit once this is completed.

We look forward to seeing you soon!!
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Very nice hotel in deep East Texas. Staff is very friendly but most importantly the hotel is clean and very well run. In this area it is hard to find quality hotels that aren't run down and poorly managed and this is definitely the place I stay when I go there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hi Bill! Thank you so much for your response about your stay in September. We certainly appreciate the comments. I have posted your comments for our staff. It is always good to see when hard work is appreciated!

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Texas
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for two nights for a business conference. I was pleasantly surprised by how upscale and nice this hotel was. The lobby area is welcoming and relaxing. The small outdoor courtyard was charming with the fire pit and pretty flowers. My room was in an unusual configuration with a long hallway, but it worked well at providing adequate space. There isn't a closet, but they have an armoire to store your clothes in. The large big screen TV was nice to have. The bed was very comfortable, although the covers were very light. I used an extra blanket provided in the armoire and that helped. There were no problems with air conditioning, water pressure, or any noises. The bathroom was a very good size, and I liked the Paul Mitchell hair products.

The cafe area was nice and the servers were all very friendly. Breakfast both days exceeded my expectations.

The meeting room was worked well for our group. The nearby restroom was actually quite nice, big enough, and kept clean and stocked well during the meeting. The provided lunch was a little disappointing with build your own sandwiches and very little fruit. They didn't keep the sodas stocked well either.

The location of this hotel was convenient to the mall and many other stores and restaurants. It was easy to find and access as well.

Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed August 2013
Wow! You toured the whole hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and your conference; but most importantly, we are very glad you shared your experience here on Trip Advisor. Its always nice to be pleasantly surprised!

We hope you are able to come back and see us soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We reserved a suite and upon entry, we noticed the carpet was just cleaned, which was great, because the room smelled fresh and clean. As soon as the fresh smell went away, we were hit with a horrible smell in the room. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was, it smelled like vomit. I went to the front desk and told the reservationist about it. She was very helpful in telling me that there weren't any more suites available and she personally located the on duty maintenance guy to go up and check it out. When the maintenance guy and I returned to the room, he agreed that there was a stench. He sprayed some citrus room freshner and even left us the can with us. No fault of the reservationist or the maint guy! She did decrease the room from $159.99 to @99, as we only was staying 1 night.
Also, we thought, okay we will go relax in the hot tub. Upon entry, we noticed there were kids roaming freely about the area, in the hot tub, and making the disability lift, that lowers disabled people in and out of the pool and hot tub, go up and down and then again up and down These kids were unsupervised, as a matter of fact, they had food and it appeared they had been there for a while. In addition to the kids, the hot tub wasn't even hot! There went that thought!
We have stayed at this hotel several times before, because it is fairly clean and has a bar! This was the worst experience. With all the happenings, by the end of the night, they gave us a breakfast voucher and decreased our price of the room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lovelylady411
I am so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay while you were here. We did have an issue with the heater for the Spa during the last few weeks of August and into September. Unfortunately, the parts for the work were set on a delay from the contractor who was doing the repair. It has definately been fixed now. I realize that doesn't change your particular stay. Please contact me back during your next trip to Lufkin and we will make sure you receive Star Treatment!

Again, I apologize for the issue. I am glad my staff were able to take some efforts to try to make the experience better.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lufkin
Best Western Plus Crown Colony Inn & Suites
MainStay Suites
MainStay Suites
#7 of 14 in Lufkin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches

Been to Courtyard Lufkin? Share your experiences!