“Great Hotel”

La Quinta Inn Lufkin
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Lufkin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed at the La Quinta - Lufkin recently and the first room I was assigned smelled of cigarette smoke so I asked for a another room. But the second room smelled of smoke even worse so I asked for a third room. The third room did not smell fresh and clean....but it did not smell of cigarette smoke either so I decided to stay (I had to be somewhere that evening and there were few rooms available in town because of high school graduation and other events in town.) Later that night when I returned to the room it smelled of cigarette smoke as well - I had left the A/C and think it stirred up the smell. The staff was apologetic after the first two rooms but I did not tell them about the third room until later when filling out their survey. I will not be staying at this location in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank r28a
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 May 2013

The manger and staff.Will make you fill at home.The rooms are very clean and everybody working their smiles all the time.So every in Lufkin stop on by and take a rest they will be glade to see you.All you have to when you get their is put your feet up.And stay a while

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Chose this hotel for its convenience. When it was time to go to bed, I noticed my blanket had a huge yellow stain on it. I called the manager and he was apologetic and replaced the blanket. The room smelled stale and moldy. I will not go back to that hotel and possibly not go to another La Quinta because of my experience there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Lufkin hotels

Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The room was sort of small, and the bathroom was even smaller. The bed was very comfortable. There was a lack of available electrical outlets in the room , especially next to the bed. I use a CPAP and I had to unplug the clock and move it across the room so I could have a plug to use. The wireless from in my room was horrible, and unusable from within the room I had, I believe it was room 208. I stayed here for 2 nights, the first morning I found out how thin the front wall to the room was, I could hear everything that was going on outside and the back up alarms on the vehicles is what had woke me up. The breakfast consisted of hard boiled eggs, bagels, toast, muffins, toast, toaster waffles, juices, coffee, and cereal. The thing about the cereal is I never saw any milk. I am sure I just missed it though.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo