Best Western Plus Lytle Inn & Suites
US$121
Hotels.com
US$77
US$49
Best Western Plus Lackland Hotel & Suites(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$47
  • Pool
US$61
US$70
All reviewssan antoniohotel accomodationssouth texasbreakfast was deliciousexcellent stayfeather pillowspool and hot tubdefinitely stay here againblackout curtainshotel breakfastcleaning staffevery morningcomfortable bedrecommend this hotelpool areagreat roomhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Our family attended a wedding and the area and several members decided to stay at the hotel. I called a couple times before we arrived and the personnel were always very courteous and helpful. I walked in and was amazed. The hotel was extremely clean and the decor was beautiful. The customer service was excellent. It was old home week at breakfast. We could not have asked for more! Thank you, Michael Cruz

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor. Our room was great and the beds were wonderful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol A
Best Western Pl... L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Lytle Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for the wonderful words. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves for our friendly and courteous staff and always try to make every guests stay enjoyable. "Old home week at breakfast" is a great compliment and its on at the Best Western Plus. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This hotel has been my home for almost 1.5 years. The work that brings me down here from East Texas is normally 60 to 100 miles from here but the reason I continue to come back to the Best Western in Lytle is the hospitality. I consider all the girls that are employed here, my girls. It's not like a Hotel/Customer relationship, we have become friends. I know everyone by name and they greet me with a big smile when we meet. As a matter of fact, last year the Hotel had an employee Christmas party and I was invited. I was treated as part of the family and that's what you pick up on when you stay long enough to see what's going on. I get ideas in the middle of the night pertaining to my work and I get up sometimes around 2 am, go down to the desk and I don't even have to ask if I want coffee, if it isn't fresh, my girls will make some. Even the breakfast at 6 am can be custom built. That's always a welcome break in the same thing every day and it's homemade. I witnessed a company (oil field related) come in, worked around the clock and the hotel provided breakfast at their shift change. The Owner/Manager saw that a few of us were grilling out the back door of the hotel so he had a patio built right outside the pool area with an open grill and furniture to relax in. I have my laptop, printer, ex-drives that I need for work and I asked for a small table to set beside the desk for my equipment and it was purchased especially for me to use. Just about anything within reason, the hotel will provide. They have "Happy Hour" every Tuesday and Wednesday with drink and Hors d'oeuvre. Mr. Hasu has invited me to dinner several times. One weekend, I cooked for my girls. The suites have a small kitchen with ref, cooktop, micro, sink. My room isn't a suite but it has ref, micro, sink. With a small burner, a person can do wonders. I have to have fun whether I'm working or playing and being here at this hotel enhances the day. Being within 20 miles of San Antonio makes it close enough to drive into and take care of business and come back to get out of the business of a large city. There is a lot more to say about the hotel and the employees but my laptop is about to run out of memory. This is the place to stay.

Room Tip: I stay on the ground floor because my vehicle is right out the door.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vrinc

It was an absolute pleasure to read your review. Thank you so much for taking time to write such a positive and detailed review of our Hotel for our future guests. We are simply working to be the best, and its very rewarding to hear that our efforts are showing. We consider you part of our Best Western family and it is truly our pleasure and an honor to serve you. We understand there are so many choices for hotels, we are delighted you have chosen us as your home away from home. We appreciate your loyalty and your continued patronage.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I am one of the Oil Crew guys that comes in and eats breakfast which is amazing! However I wish there would be more bacon, ham, and plenty of orange juice to drink. My crew and I rotate every two weeks so I am at this hotel a lot. I am very familiar with the staff. We LOVE the Mexican food for breakfast when it is prepared. We would like to have tortillas with our meal. Like I mentioned bacon and ham would be appreciated, we come in after working extremely hard all night and we are starving when we come for breakfast.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best Western Pl... L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Lytle Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast, you are most welcome to come back any time. Our breakfast is still amazing!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Plus while visiting our daughter/grandson. We have been to the San Antonio area many times and have always stayed Downtown. I was tired of parking fees and traffic so we decided to stay closer to her home and a bit further from the city. The hotel is new and very clean, the staff helpfull, free wifi and parking was free; although I thought the lot was a bit on the small side. We did not go to the breakfast, but the area looked clean and nice. The hotel is right off the interstate which means you are very close the the interstate....but the interstate is very close to you! The noise from traffic may bother some people, so if you are a very light sleeper I would recommend asking for a room facing away from the road; we did not have a problem sleeping but others may. There is a HEB plus (large grocery store) across the street (under the overpass) as well as a small strip mall and a Mcdonalds. The rooms have a small fridge, cubbords and a microwave so you could make use of the nearby grocery and make your own meals. The bed is very high, which I may not have noticed except that our 1 year old grandson looked like he was going to jump off a cliff when he neared the edge...he was promply put on the floor. If you have small children that may share the bed with you this could really be a problem and asking for a crib/cot in advance would be recommended. The bed was extreamly comfomfortable and there were adaquate pillows. Some may find the bed/pillows to be a bit soft, but I loved it. Downtown San Antonio is an easy and fast 25 miles away and places like Sea world are easy to get to. There were many workers from nearby oilfields staying while we were there, onother reviewer spoke of dirt being tracked in. The hotel must have read the review beause the policy has changed since then. Every morning when the workers leave for the fields their room key would be deactivated and would not be activated until they were cleaned up. There was a power washer at the front door which I was told by the hotel manager was used to clean their boots! Overall I would happlity stay at this Hotel every time I visit My daughter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel (away from the interstate) if you a light sleeper
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Best Western Pl... L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Lytle Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. At our Best Western Plus, we offer big city hotel amenities paired with small town charm, making us the ideal location for business and leisure travelers on IH 35 South. We are delighted to hear you have chosen us as your preferred hotel of choice and we are looking forward to your next visit with us

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I have been putting off writing this review but since tripadvisor ask again here we go.I made a reservation about a week in advance for 6 days in a jacuzzi suite on the internet,when we arrived they told me the room was not available because one of their regulars extended their stay and no one knew about it,after a very uncomfortable discussion they comped our first night in a different room the next day we had to move to the correct room,I inquired about the rate and they quoted me a rate $20 higher,they said they canceled my internet reservation and made me a new reservation at the hotel so I could not get the internet rate,after some more very uncomfortable discussion they called the Best Western Reservation 800 number and they agreed to the internet rate when I got the bill I got 3 days internet rate and 2 days at the higher rate they also put a deposit on my card I guess for extra towels(MORE THAN 2) I travel a lot on business and stay in quite a few hotels this kind of treatment is just unacceptable,if my wife of 40 years had not been with me I would have just slept in my truck,the hotel is just a bit above average I WILL NOT BE BACK!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EUGENE L
Best Western Pl... L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Lytle Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. You originally booked a whirlpool King room on the internet and when you arrived at the hotel, unfortunately the guest in that room had not checked out. As a gesture of our Hotel's goodwill and for the inconvenience we caused you, we upgraded you to a king-size suite and we also comped your first night stay. We were able to adjust your rates once we got confirmation from central reservation. All credit cards are automatically preauthorized for the amount based on length of stay at check-in,. then actual amount is charged at checkout.
It is our goal that every guest who enters our Hotel experiences the spirit of our hospitality. We would like to extend that hospitality to you. We hope you come back to see us.