“Nice stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Madisonville
Ennis, Texas
“Nice stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We had a suite for a night, and we loved the spacious room. The overall stay was great, we will definitely return again. The room and hotel accommodated our needs, very clean room. The indoor pool was an added bonus, nice way to relax for the night.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I would absolutely stay here again! The place is very clean, well kept and updated! Everything in the room is of very good quality and the furniture in the room makes it feel very homey. The staff is friendly and very helpful! I am traveling with my dog, and it is $10 a night to have them but they put me directly next to a side door that leads to a grassy area so it would be very easy going in and out with her. I really appreciated their thoughtfulness with that! The location is perfect, and I heartily recommend the Texas Burger joint that's right down the street!

• Stayed September 2013
Locust Grove, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

After traveling over 900 miles in one day I need to rest. I stopped and asked for either an AARP or AAA rate and was given a discount. The room was clean the bed comfortable. I left before they started to serve breakfast so I can comment on the food. The staff was helpful however not very talkative. It was a nice place to stay and I would consider it in the future however I would go on line a book it to make sure I got a good rate.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I pre booked a pet room and non pet room one month in advance. I cancelled the pet room 1 week later. I arrived on July 13th around 1pm and my booking was not found. The lady working at the front made me feel like I was a huge burden and like i did something wrong i had to get stern and a bit of an attitude so she could attempt to find a room. I told her i made reservations a month ago and this is unacceptible. After taking her time and another couple behind us chuckling that they couldnt believe how long she was taking. She found a room and said it wouldn't be ready until 3pm. Luckily my mom lived close. I went to my moms until 3 or 4pm and returned to the hotel. As we entered the room. It was not clean at all. I found the cleaning ladies because going to the lady at the front desk would only irritate me since I'm sure she would tell me to wait and I would be placed on the back burner once again. I could only imagine how much longer that would have taken. The cleaning ladies apologized and went in and cleaned the room they asked us to wait anywhere we liked. My husband and I went into the enclosed pool area. After looking at the pool and realizing it was disgusting, and filled with bugs. The plants were all dead except the fake ones. Who is suppose to keep up this place??? I realized this hotel stay was not going to be enjoyable. After the cleaning ladies finished my husband and I walked in the room there was an overwhelming aerosol spray scent i guess thats better than a nasty smell. we watched tv until 5:30pm due to needing to leave for dinner arrangements. when we returned and laid in the bed I felt that the beds were unclean and not comfortable. I felt like the comforter was not comfortable enough everything about this place was not comfortable. I started to think it was just me but my sister stayed on the 2nd floor and the next morning we had to go eat breakfast at a restraunt because the breakfast offered was so awful meaning sausage and eggs tasted rubbery. No bread or muffins. My sister at breakfast started in saying how horrible her sleep was, the blankets were not comfortable and feeling unclean before I could share my experiences. I would not recommend this hotel. Especially 130.51 for the room we had. I knew this price was incorrect because one month before I pre arranged a pet room and a non pet room. The pet room was 116.00 plus tax which was more expensive than the non pet room at under 100.00. They are a rip off!! I didn't argue the price because she had already taken so long and was rude. There was another couple behind us waiting as well and I just was irritated and told myself not again will I come here. To put icing on the cake today is 8/15/2013 a couple days after the 1 month stay. After i stayed on 7/13/2013 I have been calling management and leaving messages since that Monday to see if I could be reimbursed the 20% my company offers on all best westerns. I didn't know my company offered this deal until the Monday I returned to work. I figured best western wouldn't refund me the 20% but couldn't hurt to ask. The mornings I called i am told the manager Mary is unavailable abd there is no one else to talk to. I am answered with a tone of being a cheapskate. When I call in the afternoon I am told "Well I gave her your message!!" I don't even care about the discount anymore it's the fact that 1 month later I'm still not getting a phone call back and the ladies are VERY rude and when they hang up I'm left with being told "Uh"......No bye no sorry. Hello! if someone would call me back I would have informed them they are driving away business. I will refuse the 20% if offered. Someone needs to know this staff is awful, rude and tacky from the start and then the hotel is just as disfunctinal and dirty as the staff. Again please don't stay at this hotel. Bad service, bad beds, not clean, dirty pool, bad breakfast. What else is left?

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jharris123
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

My kids and I recently stayed while we visited my husband who is working in the area. The room was nice and clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Everything in the room was in good working order. The blower for the hot tub was broken, but we did not visit the indoor pool or hot tub area. There is a nice covered area with 2 picnic tables and bbq pits for guest. There are a lot of men that work in the area or travel and stay there, so it was very quiet. The breakfast was good for a continental breakfast. The staff was not over friendly, but not rude either. It is the nicer hotel for the town. I do plan a visit in the future!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

This place is VERY NICE. I've been to nicer places, but overall very nice and clean. Friendly staff as well. Thanks for having a decent place to lay your head when it cannot be at home. Don't stay next door. That's all I'm saying. I left a review there as well

• Stayed December 2012
Bournemouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at this hotel as we had come for a friends wedding. Our twin room was a good size and very comfortable and clean including the bathroom. The shower worked well.
The complementary breakfast was adequate and included most things you would want.
My case was lost by the airline and the staff could not have been more helpful.
Would stop again if we are ever back this way

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madisonville
Madisonville Inn
Days Inn Centerville
Days Inn Centerville
#1 of 2 in Centerville
BEST WESTERN Huntsville Inn & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!