“Little Restaurant, BIG Flavor!”
Review of The Lost Cajun

The Lost Cajun
Ranked #5 of 183 Restaurants in Mansfield
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Small restaurant on the back corner of a strip center had escaped our attention. New customers are treated to a tray of samples before ordering. There wasnt anything we disliked. Samples included seaford gumbo, rice, crab bisque, red beans, etc, all tasty. Suprisingly my fav was the spicy chicken gumbo. I ordered a platter with shrimp catfish and fried oysters. Hub had shrimp poor boy. Another Bonus: reasonable prices. Downside: uncomfortable hard metal chairs

Nancy Y, Owner at The Lost Cajun, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you for your review and glad you liked it. Please come back to see us and tell others.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We first discovered The Lost Cajun several years ago in Frisco, Colorado and recently heard about this new Mansfield location close to us in S. Arlington. Being originally from Louisiana, we relished having authentic cajun cuisine and were not disappointed. The menu is quite varied and with some unique twist on traditional dishes...cat-touffee, as well as ettouffee, gumbo, po'boys, fried catfish, red beans & rice, and crawfish pies. All were tasty and our 3 generation family of 5 thoroughly enjoyed the reminders of years gone by.

Thank you for your review and so glad you liked it. Please come back to see us and I hope you will tell others about The Lost Cajun

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I was looking forward to sampling the food at The Lost Cajun and was excited that the restaurant recently opened in my community. I planned to place an order to-go, but no one picked up the phone. I then decided to eat at the restaurant, and was promptly greeted by three waitresses, or servers. I told them I had called 10 minutes earlier to place an order to-go, and they looked puzzled. They said the phone line was connected and wasn't sure what the problem was. Anyway, I was seated and was told that I could sample the different gumbos, and other rice dishes. I tasted a spoonful of all of the samples, and wasn't impressed with any of them except the jambalaya. I decided to order the jambalaya and the catfish bites appetizer. I felt the seasoning on the catfish was bland, and required hot sauce. The jambalaya had a minimal amount of sausage in it. I had to flag down my waitress for a refill of water. She wasn't very attentive, and the restaurant wasn't crowded.

I spent roughly over $13 for my meal, which was average at best. Having recently visited New Orleans, I wasn't impressed with my food. As another reviewer stated, the restaurant that has the Creole/Cajun flavor that I desire is Pappadeaux's. I might decide to give The Lost Cajun another chance in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Prepare for a wait, but it's worth it!

Came a few weeks after this new location opened and they already had their stuff together. We have been to their San Antonio location and the food was on-par. Great service, great food, and a great atmosphere.

If coming on a weekend would recommend going at an off time, their seating in the waiting area is limited. Elderly people and children would not have a great time waiting. But we were just fine standing!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We returned Memorial Day and we were very satisfied with the service as well as a very Delicious over stuffed Shrimp Poboy,Not to many people know what this means.Having lived in New Orleans for Thirty plus Years it was a pleasant surprise.Awesome.My wife had the Catfish and shared it with me Awesome again.

Michael Y, Owner at The Lost Cajun, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for the great review. If there is anything we can do to get that 5 star please let us know. We strive for perfection.