“Nice atmosphere, close to home.”
Review of La Gondola

La Gondola
Reserve with OpenTable
La Gondola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 165 Restaurants in Mansfield
Price range: US$7 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very friendly staff, good service good food, italian was very good. Portion sizes were worth the prices. Small place comfortable atmosphere.

1  Thank Wadytwos

Reviewed 26 June 2014

When traveling to a new city I try to check out the #1 tripadvisor rated restaurant assuming its not a chain. Since this restaurant was close to my hotel it was a no brainer. It is on the end of a long strip mall and it is easy to drive by a miss it. The staff was very friendly. Not sure if the hostess was the owner or not, she seemed to be in charge but I only saw her seating people.

I'm sorry I don't recall the exact "italian" names of the dishes. I had the cold cut salad with olive oil. I did not like it very much but when I asked the waiter to recommend some good starters he did not include that dish and I ordered it anyway so that was on me. I had the grilled chicken with prosciutto and asparagus in a lemon/garlic sauce per his recommendation. It was very good. Not sure why they serve spaghetti with marinara sauce on the side. I would have preferred pasta with my lemon sauce. I asked the waiter for a good dessert (this time intending to listen to him) and he recommended an off-menu lemonchello cake which was excellent.

Overall service was very good, they kept the water glass filled and the garlic bread basket full. Would definitely go back and listen better to what the waiter recommends.

1  Thank notyours
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a very good Italian Restaurant located in a rather plain strip shopping center. Inside is a warm décor with a good bar and white table cloth service. They offer a full menu of Italian dishes from pasta to lasagna to seafood. Prices are reasonable ($10 - $20), the food is very well made and tasty and the service is top notch. We go here for both lunch and dinner when we just feel like a night out after a tough day. The owner family has been in this type of business for many years and know how to keep you coming back.

2  Thank texasjhawk
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This place rivals the best titian food of anywhere I've been. The service is wonderful ask for Susie if she is available, but most everyone else can give great service also.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

For a long time this was the best place to eat in Mansfield, but it's being over shadowed now by new places that are opening. La Gondola does a brisk business (loud) at happy hour which is distracting if you're there for dinner. Service and food are good. Generous serving. Garlic bread and the brushetta are my favorites ... and the lasagne!