“Great rooms and Hospitality”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mansfield
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We moved our kids to Mansfield Texas and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. I've stayed at a number of Holiday Inn Expresses and this one has been the best so far. The rooms are spacious and fairly priced to the Dallas area. We had a problem with the toilet flushing so instead of waiting for a repair they had us move to another room equally as nice. I will stay here again when I come to visit my kids.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Kim C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are pleased to hear that you feel our rooms are great and our staff has gone above and beyond. We will be sure to pass along your kind words along to our staff. Thanks again for staying with us and hope to see you stay Smart in Mansfield.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at this Holiday Inn to attend a Cowboys game the stadium was fairly close and the hotel offers a shuttle to the game which is nice. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable- slept great. There are a few shopping centers near by one with a Starbucks which was very important to us. The free breakfast the next day was good, love the cinnamon rolls and the sausage & eggs. They have a pancake maker and pretty good bagels and cream cheese as well as fresh fruit and a variety of yogurt and juice bar. I was very pleased with our stay. Great price also. The staff was very helpful and kind my son became very sick and they seemed genuinely concerned. I was not aware of the hot tub and indoor pool if I had known we would have brought our suits. Shower head was a rainfall shower head and water was very hot -loved it

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
MSM689, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn-Express Mansfield! This is a great detailed review that I am sure will be very helpful to other people searching for a hotel in our area. We appreciate your feedback. We look forward to serving you during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed in Mansfield for 10 days to do some business and take some time off. The staff were both friendly and helpful; the facilities were spotless, our room was a King Suite with fridge & microwave. The breakfast every morning was a complete meal, not coffee & a roll. The night we got there, there was a "Manager's Special" in the dining room; baked chicken, corn, drinks & coffee. It was free and really good. Nice extra. Thanks Jennifer, Nathan & Kim! Not sure if we'll pass through Mansfield again, but you made our stay pleasant!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Kim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear JeffUru,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your comment along to our staff. Take care and stay smart!

Kmanager

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I absolutely love this property. My first initial stay I knew I would be back! The staff is always pleasant and the rooms are always clean! The bathrooms are always the first thing I check when I go into a Hotel and I've stayed at this location 3 times and everytime the bathroom especially the bottom, front, and sides of the toilet are immaculate! My second trip at this Hotel I was stuck having to bring my pet with me and I had already booked. I called and asked about the pet rate and the rep didn't give me any problems and added my pet to the trip. This is my chosen place of stay everytime I visit this city. I failed to mention the continental breakfast was also nice. My husband and I are coffee drinkers and they always have fresh coffee available 24/7.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Kim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2013

Dear Mrs. VJB1973

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our housekeeping staff. Thanks again for staying with us and hope to see you again soon!

Kim Chong, GM

Reviewed 16 January 2013

The place was clean, the staff was very helpful, friendly, and accommodating. My sister and I, with her 2 month old infant son, came out for a family visit, and were place in room 225, with 1 King size bed. The bed was comfortable, room a really good size. I was concerned initially because our room was right next to the housekeeping area, but we never heard a peep from them, so that was fine. Breakfast was good- I am now obsessed with the auto-pancake making machine they had- would be awesome to have one at home! lol. The pool area, though we didn't use it, looked really nice, and everything seemed brand new. My sister went down and used the workout room everyday and said it was great, very clean and nice. We also used the coin operated laundry facility right near our room, and that worked out great since we had a newborn baby with us and needed to wash his blankets/clothes while visiting. Also, when we went down to use the business center to check in for our return flight home, the printer wasn't working, so the front desk girl was super nice and let my sister go behind the front desk and use the computer and it's printer there, even though I think she wasn't really supposed to- but in doing so she scored big points with us for sure.

When we checked out, they had a cute little travel bag/gift for us with a water, banana, cinnamon muffin, and moist towlette for us. That was a nice touch. Overall, I researched a LOT of different hotels in the area for this visit. This place was a bit more than many of the other hotels I had researched, but I'm very happy with our experience overall.

Just for feedback’s sake, the only negatives were pretty menial: When making the reservation, I specifically asked for a room on the back side of the hotel, because I'd read reviews that said it was noisy on the front where the rooms face the freeway, but we were placed on the front side. We had to sleep with the fan on to mask the noise, but that worked fairly well. I just don't know why they didn't book us as requested- the lady at the front desk said there were only 14 rooms of the hotel being used, so I'm sure they had availability. Additionally, the plumbing in our bathroom sink got overwhelmed easily and didn't drain quickly when the water was turned on full blast, but no biggie, really.
The only other weird thing was that the hotel sits on a one-way street, and when you take the exit that is closest to it, you can't get to the hotel, because you'd have to go the wrong way on the one way street. That was really annoying. So we had to go clear up to the next freeway exit, and then come back all the way to be able to enter the hotel's driveway. Really not the most convenient, but again, it all worked out, and we were still very pleased with our stay overall, and absolutely would stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, it's quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thay you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff. Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We wanted to check in before the game, so we called the hotel to see if they could get our room ready. They were able to get us a room by the time we arrived at the hotel. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. Our kids really enjoyed the pool... Just couple of blocks from the hotel there is really neat restaurant called Suzy Q's.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Kim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Sara M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your feedback is greatly appreicated. I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was pleasing and that we were able to check you in early. Our staff is committed to going above and beyond to make sure your stay is enjoyable and that you are 100% satisfied. Thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you again.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Never stay in this hotel! HORRIBLE service! My family stayed there, in three separate rooms. And we gave three seperate card. Well for no reason they charged MY CARD with no authorization! I didn't even need to pay because I had bought my room with points! When we spoke with the manger Kim, we got HORRIBLE treatment! She was rude& got angry at my FOURTEEN YEAR OLD DAUGHTER for asking something! They made two huge errors for no reason an then they acted like it was our fault! If someone gives you a card signs for it, you charge THEM not a random person! They never apologized either but we're super rude. Once we got home they charged us ANOTHER room for no reason! When we called, Kim was super rude and hung up on us!

• Stayed: June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Soccermomma42,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and writing a review about your recent stay with us. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D