“Not Much Else to Choose From”
Review of Johnny B's

Johnny B's
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: It is next door to Cafe Cenzio, Marathon, TX. It is a hamburger and soda shop.
Jefferson, Oregon
“Not Much Else to Choose From”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Right next door to the Gage Hotel. Their posted hours are 7:30 to 3 every day. They were not very punctual. Didn't get things going to about 7:45. Basic breakfast menu. Worked for two days of our 3 day stay only because there wasn't anything else in town! They do accept credit cards. The outdoor seating was a couple of tables along the sidewalk.

• Visited November 2013

“Amazing Hamburger!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Great little mom and pop style place. Very good hamburgers and shakes. Staff was very friendly. Loved the Dollar wall. We decorated our Dollar and added to the others on the wall. Check out the wall....some famous Dollars up there. : )
Waitress told us about the famous who stop by to eat. When we are back in the big bend area we will stop back by! : )

San Angelo, Texas
“Worth the trip to Marathon”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I go to Big Bend quite often (5 or more times a year) as does my daughter and her husband ... when they can. We always try to plan our arrival time in Marathon to include lunch at Johnny B's. Breakfast or lunch, matters not ... it's all good ... well worth the wait, if you have to wait.

• Visited August 2013
“The sorriest beef taco of my 43-year-old life.”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I am not usually a complainer, and this is the first time I've ever been compelled to review a restaurant publicly. Johnny Bs was THAT bad. My beef tacos had about a tablespoon of overcooked, dried meat in them, literally like the scrapings off the bottom of the skillet before one does the dishes. The taco shells were cold and seemed to have been pulled from an expired Ortega box. The refried beans had that sour, just-turned-bad taste. The lettuce was dirty and on its way south as well. Truly crappy food, and 30 bucks was way too much for it. One bright spot was our nice (but overworked) waitress; this flail is definitely happening in the kitchen. I hope our waitress doesn't share her tips with the cook, as he doesn't deserve any.

Austin, Texas
“Food was good”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stopped here on the way out of Big Bend for lunch. The cafe was crowded with locals. There are not a lot of options in town. My husband and I had different opinions about the waitress (His back was to the counter) I thought she was rude and inpatient, although quick to flash a fake smile. I heard and saw her tell the other waitress not to let my kids who are 12 order for themselves because they were to indecisive. So I went ahead and ordered for them. The food took FOREVER to come out and they got the order wrong, when I said something about it she put the ticket in my face and said see this is what they ordered. Well I am sorry that they other lady wrote it down incorrectly but since I was the one who ordered for them I know what was ordered...but whatever, besides the service the food was descent and there are few other options in town

• Visited July 2013