“Excellent food.”

Description: The restaurant at the Gage Hotel
Austin,tx
“Excellent food.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The place is very casual for the quality of the food and service. my family owned a restaurant, so I notice things like how the staff works together. When they do, it is a sure sign that the place is well run. They work together here to ensure that you, the customer, get first class treatment. I had the pork loin. I was scred to death that it would be cooked to death. It was cooked perfectly, just a little on the pink side. The chicken fried steak was also a standout. They have two choices of gravy. I asked for both on the side. I have to admit I liked the spicier one better. That is a matter of taste. My advice is to do as I did and get the gravies on the side and choose the one you like best- or choose both.

Visited May 2014

Midland, Texas
“Awesome Chicken fried steak!!!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We went and had salmon, steak and chicken fried steak and all were awesome! Definitely a must try! Great service! If I had one drawback it would be that they didn't have a ribeye. They did have a filet and NY Strip though.

Midland, Texas
“Great food ”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Went to this place with fantastic friends for graduation celebration. The food was fantastic, the dessert and coffee was great. We left stuffed. Yes it is a little pricey, but great service and food and drinks beats it

1 Thank Troy D
Skanee, Michigan
“Very nice selection of meals”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The outdoor dining option is an excellent choice while dining at the 12 Gage restaurant during early May. I've not visited during other months of the year, so I don't know whether the conditions may be too hot during the summer or too cold during the winter months.

Visited May 2014
Sedona, Arizona
“3 Star w/ 5 Star Prices”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We booked reservations at the 12 Gage for a major celebration and probably got our hopes up too high based on the Hotel & Restaurants' lavish marketing. The Gage complex is the only show in town, and unfortunately no competition to drive pricing, quality, and service. Our experience there was disappointing for the high prices charged along with slow, unprofessional service. Be sure to ask your server questions about various entree offerings and do not assume anything. For example, there are no 'Truffles' with your $37.00 steak as stated on their menu, you will receive thin fries cooked in truffle oil with a deceptive French twist. Avoid the more expensive prickly pear margaritas (no frozen available), they are small; the worst & saltiest we have ever tasted @ $12.00 each. If you want to eat al fresco, be sure to reserve well ahead of time the tables near the fireplaces with padded seats as the chairs in the open air space are hard as rocks with no cushions and very uncomfortable. We were surrounded with flies too, so you are better off dining inside where the western motif is very comfortable and lovely. You should bring a cooler of food because the two other run down restaurants near the hotel (also owned by The Gage) that serve breakfast are either closed or awful. The 12 Gage Restaurant does not serve breakfast or lunch. Marathon, The Gage, and Big Bend National Park was a one act show for us, we will never return.

• Visited April 2014