“Expensive but worth it”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The restaurant at the Gage Hotel
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had the filet which was well cooked to order. The steamed veggies were also well done. The mashed potatoes were good. My companion had the Chicken-fried steak and raved about the steak and the jalapeño gravy. The service was attentive and they had an excellent musician playing so it was a very enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The place is very casual for the quality of the food and service. my family owned a restaurant, so I notice things like how the staff works together. When they do, it is a sure sign that the place is well run. They work together here to ensure that you, the customer, get first class treatment. I had the pork loin. I was scred to death that it would be cooked to death. It was cooked perfectly, just a little on the pink side. The chicken fried steak was also a standout. They have two choices of gravy. I asked for both on the side. I have to admit I liked the spicier one better. That is a matter of taste. My advice is to do as I did and get the gravies on the side and choose the one you like best- or choose both.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We went and had salmon, steak and chicken fried steak and all were awesome! Definitely a must try! Great service! If I had one drawback it would be that they didn't have a ribeye. They did have a filet and NY Strip though.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Went to this place with fantastic friends for graduation celebration. The food was fantastic, the dessert and coffee was great. We left stuffed. Yes it is a little pricey, but great service and food and drinks beats it

1  Thank Troy D
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The outdoor dining option is an excellent choice while dining at the 12 Gage restaurant during early May. I've not visited during other months of the year, so I don't know whether the conditions may be too hot during the summer or too cold during the winter months.