“Room had ANTS!”

Quality Inn Marble Falls
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Marble Falls
“Room had ANTS!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

The staff are friendly, I'll give them that. Other than that, not much going for them. The first room we were in we found ants! Switched rooms, and my partner woke up with bites! Guess that room had ants too! ...and roaches! Yikes! Waiting to hear back about a refund.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KittyMarie
GMSammy, General Manager at Quality Inn Marble Falls, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for the on-line survey regarding your recent stay.

I, as General Manager, and two of my team member stripped the room and did not find evidence of any bugs. I called in our pest control company, Lowrey's Pest of Burnet, TX who in turn did not find any bugs but treated the room.

I apologize for your experience and will be calling to discuss this matter.
We appreciate your positive comment regarding the service and staff, as the staff strives to make each guest's experience a pleasant one.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I'm giving this 4 stars, but many things about this Quality Inn are a 5-star all the way. We were so pleasantly surprised! The rooms are so much nicer than you'd expect for the economical price. They've clearly been renovated, and had a very good decorator advising! The carpet could be better, but everything else was A+. First, there was the lovely touch of good quality wide crown molding around the whole room, along with using the molding to create an old-fashioned look around the entrance from bed area to vanity. Very impressive! The beds were very comfortable, very nice quality bed linens and comforters, all very tastefully done. The staff was a dream, very concerned about taking care of any and every need, asking about our well-being or what they could do for us each time they passed in the lobby or hall. They couldn't have been kinder or more helpful. So why is the 5th star missing? The outside of the property needs some sprucing up. Outer doors need replacing or at least a coat of paint, and sidewalk cement is old-looking and could stand refinishing. The paint on much of the exterior is faded. I have to admit, driving up to the place I was worried I'd made a mistake. Driving away, I considered this Quality Inn a great discovery. I think it would serve the hotel very well to make the exterior improvements so guests have the same positive feeling both going in and leaving. We'll definitely return, and we highly recommend this property!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for completing the on-line survey regarding your recent stay and your many positive comments. I appreciate that you found the room and staff to be 5-star.
We are in the process of improving the exterior of the property. We are aware of some of the challanges and actively working to correct them so we earn a 5 star rating from our guests.
We look forward to to seeing you on your next visit to the area.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We booked the Quality Inn Marble Falls through an internet deal-- one of those where you don't know what you are getting until you have already paid. Oh gosh, I should learn my lesson with those deals! Sometimes, you are pleasantly surprised. Other times, you wish you had just forked over the extra money and gotten something better. This was one of those times...

Let me start by saying the staff is top nice. They were as nice as nice could be and very helpful and knowledgeable. We asked for a recommendation on breakfast and they definitely steered us in the right direction! My boyfriend also said he got a good night's sleep and that the mattress was better than some other's we've experienced. So there's that...

Unfortunately for me, that can't make up for the need/want to feel "safe" in my room. Not only safe from the outside elements, but safe from the inside elements too. I didn't feel safe or comfortable in the room. The carpet was filthy; so filthy and grimy that I walked around in my flip flops. The same went for the lounge chair; it was visibly stained and I was scared to lay clean clothes on it. The bathroom sink area hadn't been cleaned- there were shavings from the previous guest left all around the sink; very visible, so I am not sure why the housekeeper didn't clean them up. There was also hair in the bathtub and a bug in the bathroom that I thought was dead except he was gone the next morning. Having seen all of this, I was scared that the sheets or towels weren't clean. I didn't feel safe using anything in the room.

This should definitely be a 1.5 to 2 star property.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
GMSammy, General Manager at Quality Inn Marble Falls, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your comments. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations during your recent visit. I can assure you that each of the items you mentioned will be addressed.

I am glad you found our staff to be a 5 star Quality! If you return to our area in the future, we look forward to providing with the exceptional stays you deserve moving forward.
Gladewater, Texas
Reviewed 28 September 2013

we stayed Wednesday through Friday. the room was clean. the beds were very comfortable. the sheets felt soft. the pillows were great. we never heard any noise from other guests, even on Friday night, when it was filled to capacity. the staff were very friendly and very helpful. the breakfast was the usual motel fare. it all seemed fresh and was tasty. the ladies, who do the breakfast, were cheerfull, even early in the morning! just about any type of restaurant you could want, is on the main road. it was convenient to have a Whataburger, right next door. you can walk to it. we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: ice machine on second floor, only. no elevator
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Martha S
Thank you for completing the on-line survey regarding your recent stay.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Our staff is available 24/7 and works very hard to be accommodating. If asked, they would gladly have procured ice for you.
We also do the laundry on site. We are glad you found the linens to be clean and soft.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Marble Falls.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We arrived this past Friday afternoon and checked out this morning. We found the staff to be incredibly accommodating and friendly and helpful. The pool was very clean and the temperature perfect for the hot Texas days. The hot tub was also nice. The hotel is located on the main drag through Marble Falls (US 281) and the pool is located at the front of the hotel across from the front office. It can get a little loud, but if you can put up with traffic noise, it's no big deal. The rooms were well furnished and clean. We stayed in a room with two queens. The beds were comfortable and well made. We didn't enjoy the pillows...the were too small and a bit lumpy. The bathroom was a typical toilet/bathtub/shower combo -- water pressure in the shower was fine. The vanity area was granite countertops and a sink with a metal rack with hangers. An iron, ironing board, hair dryer and fee-for-use safe were included in the vanity area. The only other gripe we had was that the air conditioning unit had a plastic diverter screwed into the top which actually didn't divert the air throughout the room, but rather kept the air circulating by the 1st queen bed as you walk into the room. Fortunately, I have a handy hubby who slightly "modified" the shield to allow the air to flow more freely ;)

The wifi connection was pretty weak, but it was free -- so, hey. The breakfast was pretty good. Two mornings (Saturday & Sunday) included make your own waffles, eggs, sausage links and fried potatoes, along with kolaches, bread for toast, honeybuns and the like. Also offered orange juice, apple juice, milk (whole & 2%), oatmeal and a variety of cereals. The breakfast for Monday did not include the eggs, sausage or potatoes, but they did have biscuits and sausage gravy & everything else I named. Breakfast was included in the price of the room, so that was a welcomed bonus for us!! The ice machine worked fantastically, however the soda machine was sold out of the two sodas I wished to purchase.

The hotel is convenient to just about anything you want or need. There is a Whataburger right next door, a Walgreens directly across the street and a liquor store next to the Walgreens. There are several restaurants within walking distance of the motel and more in the area that are just a short drive away.

We would absolutely stay here again if we were to go back to Marble Falls.

Room Tip: The soda and ice machine are located at the center staircase. We stayed in room 208 and they were e...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mrsblp
GMSammy, General Manager at Quality Inn Marble Falls, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for completing the on-line survey and your many complimentary comments. We appreciate hearing that your stay was enjoyable. Our staff strives to make each guest's stay comfortable and enjoyable. We certainly hope to see you in the future.
Vista, California
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a King room to watch the boat drag races in Marble Falls. The hotel is convenient to the venue, also close to the Whataburger..it's in the parking lot. Room was clean, roomy, AC worked well..it was nearly 100 degrees there. Bed was OK, pool was small but clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast is OK. Plenty of choices, but hot food (an egg Mcmuffin wannabe) was dried out from sitting.

Room Tip: Not fancy, but not bad. Good value.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kwhalen01
Thank you for completing the on-line survey. We appreciate getting feedback from our guests. The breakfast food comment will be addressed and we will work on getting better. I hope you will stay with us again for the boat races or any other time you are in Marble Falls.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Or room was a king bed "suite". Quality was not worth the price. Found two dead roaches in the bathroom, thank god they were dead. All the rest was pretty clean. Staff were friendly and location was convenient. Pool is a lot smaller then pictures show.

• Stayed August 2013
GMSammy, General Manager at Quality Inn Marble Falls, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete the on-line survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please be assured the issue you raised has been addressed. We strive to make each of our guest's experience a positive one.I hope you will give us another try.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marble Falls
La Quinta Inn & Suites Marble Falls
Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet
Best Western Post Oak Inn

Been to Quality Inn Marble Falls? Share your experiences!