“Clean, close to everything”

Quality Inn Marble Falls
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Marble Falls
Ohio
“Clean, close to everything”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was clean and I slept fine. The water pressure in the shower was strong. The location is great; restaurants/service stations all around and the historic downtown area just down the road. I was surprised by the selection at breakfast - there were more options than I expected.
This is an exterior entrance hotel (I don't care for that - I prefer hallways indoors) but it was fine as the rooms are set back from the road a bit. I did hear some traffic noise and the occasional Whataburger drive thru order, but once I settled in the sound faded away. Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
GMSammy, General Manager at Quality Inn Marble Falls, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for the on-line survey and your comments. In our breakfast we try to offer a sufficient selection of foods to appeal to all of our guests.Our hotel is undergoing a refreshing process so it was good to hear that the room was comfortable and clean.We look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Granbury, Texas
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The staff was very friendly and the room was spacious, clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the breakfast as well. Joseph checked us in and he was very helpful. We travel with pets and it was very convenient that this hotel is pet-friendly.

Room Tip: Corner room was very spacious with no windows- for those who like to sleep in a little.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the on-line survey and your comments.We enjoy having guests that travel with their "4 legged" family.Our staff is trained to be friendly and helpful and our hotel meets or exceeds the Choice "Q" quality standards so it was good to hear that the room was comfortable for you.We look forward to seeing you again.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I had a really nice stay here. It's in a great location. There is a Whataburger next door. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was very good and organized. This a place I'll likely stay when i come to the Marble Falls area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
GMSammy, General Manager at Quality Inn Marble Falls, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for the on-line survey regrading your recent stay and your positive comments.

We Appreciate hearing that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again when in out area.
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

The staff are friendly, I'll give them that. Other than that, not much going for them. The first room we were in we found ants! Switched rooms, and my partner woke up with bites! Guess that room had ants too! ...and roaches! Yikes! Waiting to hear back about a refund.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KittyMarie
GMSammy, General Manager at Quality Inn Marble Falls, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for the on-line survey regarding your recent stay.

I, as General Manager, and two of my team member stripped the room and did not find evidence of any bugs. I called in our pest control company, Lowrey's Pest of Burnet, TX who in turn did not find any bugs but treated the room.

I apologize for your experience and will be calling to discuss this matter.
We appreciate your positive comment regarding the service and staff, as the staff strives to make each guest's experience a pleasant one.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I'm giving this 4 stars, but many things about this Quality Inn are a 5-star all the way. We were so pleasantly surprised! The rooms are so much nicer than you'd expect for the economical price. They've clearly been renovated, and had a very good decorator advising! The carpet could be better, but everything else was A+. First, there was the lovely touch of good quality wide crown molding around the whole room, along with using the molding to create an old-fashioned look around the entrance from bed area to vanity. Very impressive! The beds were very comfortable, very nice quality bed linens and comforters, all very tastefully done. The staff was a dream, very concerned about taking care of any and every need, asking about our well-being or what they could do for us each time they passed in the lobby or hall. They couldn't have been kinder or more helpful. So why is the 5th star missing? The outside of the property needs some sprucing up. Outer doors need replacing or at least a coat of paint, and sidewalk cement is old-looking and could stand refinishing. The paint on much of the exterior is faded. I have to admit, driving up to the place I was worried I'd made a mistake. Driving away, I considered this Quality Inn a great discovery. I think it would serve the hotel very well to make the exterior improvements so guests have the same positive feeling both going in and leaving. We'll definitely return, and we highly recommend this property!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for completing the on-line survey regarding your recent stay and your many positive comments. I appreciate that you found the room and staff to be 5-star.
We are in the process of improving the exterior of the property. We are aware of some of the challanges and actively working to correct them so we earn a 5 star rating from our guests.
We look forward to to seeing you on your next visit to the area.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We booked the Quality Inn Marble Falls through an internet deal-- one of those where you don't know what you are getting until you have already paid. Oh gosh, I should learn my lesson with those deals! Sometimes, you are pleasantly surprised. Other times, you wish you had just forked over the extra money and gotten something better. This was one of those times...

Let me start by saying the staff is top nice. They were as nice as nice could be and very helpful and knowledgeable. We asked for a recommendation on breakfast and they definitely steered us in the right direction! My boyfriend also said he got a good night's sleep and that the mattress was better than some other's we've experienced. So there's that...

Unfortunately for me, that can't make up for the need/want to feel "safe" in my room. Not only safe from the outside elements, but safe from the inside elements too. I didn't feel safe or comfortable in the room. The carpet was filthy; so filthy and grimy that I walked around in my flip flops. The same went for the lounge chair; it was visibly stained and I was scared to lay clean clothes on it. The bathroom sink area hadn't been cleaned- there were shavings from the previous guest left all around the sink; very visible, so I am not sure why the housekeeper didn't clean them up. There was also hair in the bathtub and a bug in the bathroom that I thought was dead except he was gone the next morning. Having seen all of this, I was scared that the sheets or towels weren't clean. I didn't feel safe using anything in the room.

This should definitely be a 1.5 to 2 star property.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
GMSammy, General Manager at Quality Inn Marble Falls, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your comments. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations during your recent visit. I can assure you that each of the items you mentioned will be addressed.

I am glad you found our staff to be a 5 star Quality! If you return to our area in the future, we look forward to providing with the exceptional stays you deserve moving forward.
Gladewater, Texas
Reviewed 28 September 2013

we stayed Wednesday through Friday. the room was clean. the beds were very comfortable. the sheets felt soft. the pillows were great. we never heard any noise from other guests, even on Friday night, when it was filled to capacity. the staff were very friendly and very helpful. the breakfast was the usual motel fare. it all seemed fresh and was tasty. the ladies, who do the breakfast, were cheerfull, even early in the morning! just about any type of restaurant you could want, is on the main road. it was convenient to have a Whataburger, right next door. you can walk to it. we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: ice machine on second floor, only. no elevator
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Martha S
Thank you for completing the on-line survey regarding your recent stay.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Our staff is available 24/7 and works very hard to be accommodating. If asked, they would gladly have procured ice for you.
We also do the laundry on site. We are glad you found the linens to be clean and soft.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Marble Falls.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marble Falls
#3 of 7 in Marble Falls
Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet
Best Western Post Oak Inn

Been to Quality Inn Marble Falls? Share your experiences!