“I will never stay here again!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel Marble Falls
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Marble Falls
Arlington, Texas
“I will never stay here again!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Before booking this reservation I contacted IHG via their online chat service to ask if this property would allow my wife and I to stay at this property for Gov rate even if we were staying for leisure (we know that some, not all, allow government employees to do this). The rep from IHG told us that we would be able to use gov rate for leisure at this property so I went online and booked the reservation. The day my wife and I were to leave the assistant manager at the hotel called and told us we would not be able to use the gov rate and we would have to pay the regular rate. I told her that I had talked to IHG before booking the reservation and they had told me it would be OK. She then said to me that IHG has made this mistake before and you will need to contact them about it. I asked if there was anything she could do and she recommended that I call IHG. When I called IHG and explained the situation, they told me they would call the hotel in order to get my original rate of $536 for 4 nights back. When IHG called me back they said they had talked to Kevin at the hotel and that my new total would be $525 for the 4 nights which was actually a little better then my original rate. When we got to the hotel and went to check in Kevin gave me a sheet with the nightly rates but no total was listed on it, so I decided to call IHG to confirm the nightly rates were correct. While I was on the phone with IHG Kevin then decided to take the check in sheet with the list of rates from us and told us he made a mistake and that the rates would be higher. We told IHG what he was jacking up the rate while we are at the front desk so the IHG decided to call the hotel because it was Kevin who booked the $525 rate with IHG. Kevin then refused to be cooperative with both us and IHG even though he was the one who was in the wrong. While all of this was going on a guest bought their whole bedding set to the front complaining it was dirty, and another guest complained because Kevin had checked him into a room that was already occupied. Not to mention the rudeness Kevin showed to my wife and I calling us lairs and telling us we were dishonest because we originally booked under gov rate, and he even accused us we booking our reservation with a bad credit card (which was not true because the website will not allow you to book a reservation with a bad card). Kevin showed no professionalism with neither us nor IHG. After a couple of hours of this the IHG rep was just as upset with this hotel as we were and told us to go ahead and check in and they will talk to the manager the next day. IHG also told us that either they or the hotel would cover our first night due to the mess and lack of professionalism of Kevin showed. As we checked in Kevin told us nothing about the hotel, he just gave us our key and told us our room number. Even thought we had tried to be nice to Kevin and tried to explain to him the story from the beginning he had us so upset that before we went to bed that night we filed a complaint with the BBB on him (for his unprofessional behavior) and the hotel for the fact that their rates seemed to be changing by the hour, we actually checked in without knowing what our rate would end up being. Two days later the assistant manager left a note under our door with a new set of rates with the first night being free. The day we checked out we got two conflicting check out summaries with two different totals. We asked the front desk which of the two was the correct and they told us the higher of the two totals, how ever it appears we were charged the lower of the two totals which was $402.

As far as the room itself it is a standard Holiday Inn Express room, it was clean and comfortable. The problem we did have with the room is that there seemed to be a humidity problem. The room was not hot but it was very humid. The humidity was so thick when I woke up the first morning my hat was wet from the humidity. From that point on we turned on the vent and the bathroom and left it on all day and all night. This seemed to help the humidity problem. As for the pool is was pretty pathetic. It was only 3.5 feet at its deepest, and could have stood to a bit cleaner, plus there were wasps flying all around the pool.

My wife and I are pretty loyal to the IHG chain, but I do not think we will ever stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Marble Falls again. For the nightly rates this hotel charges, I do not expect to get a humid room, a dirty pool with wasps flying around, and most of all rude staff. And the fact that I didn't know how much I would be paying until the credit card bill arrived doesn't give me any faith in the competence of this hotel either.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dblev76
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Marble Falls, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear dblev76,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the over-all issues you had during your stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We travel through Marble Falls about once a year. This was the first time to stay at the Holiday Inn. We were fortunate to have a view that faced town. Not like you can see a whole lot, but still a nice view. The a/c worked wonderfully so our room stayed 62 at night. The front desk was nice and had cookies out for guests. The breakfast was fine...typical frozen egg omelets, gravy, pancakes, oatmeal, muffins, cereal, etc. It is definitely a place I would stay again. The only negative is the pool looked a little green. I saw people around the pool but not in it.

Room Tip: There is a church being built near the hotel but I never heard any construction sounds. The view tow...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were in town for a shooting competition and this hotel was a great place to stay. Very clean and accommodating for our sport, it also looked like they are pet friendly. Good location and easy access.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dfw
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel offered a reasonable value, a comfortable bed, a clean room and good TV access. Initially we knew the hotel was not booked full and we asked for any room NOT next to the elevator. We got a room directly behind the elevator. (Fortunately, it wasn't noisy like most.) The carpet in common areas was FILTHY! Very poor internet access. When brought to their attention, we were asked to call an 800#. We knew it wasn't us - or our computer - but a router problem so we connected (barely) thru another floor. I don't believe we should have to call a tech company to assist with their computer problem and we were not happy with how this was handled. Breakfast was barely OK...fruit was old and brown and they were not stocking any choices promptly. Though the bed was comfy and the room did seem clean, we will not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need internet access, this may not be the place for you.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kathleen A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Marble Falls, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Kathleen A,

Thank you for sharing your experience online. It makes us happy to read that you found the room comfortable during your stay. I am however, disappointed that the WiFi connectivity and cleanliness were a let down. We are very sorry the breakfast selections were not to your liking and that your specific request for room accommodations were not dealt with promptly.

As a valued guests, we give great importance to all your comments as this allows us to identify areas that can be improved upon. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Six months ago, I reserved/booked online a room here. This is a very nice hotel, if not the best, in the area. I've stayed here in the past to run the Spartan Race series. However, this time around, I was unable to run the race due to Grade II sprain and multiple immediate family health issues. When I contacted the hotel to cancel my reservation, I discovered I was billed in full through a third party, and the hotel personnel said they were unable to issue a refund. I was billed in full, $119-129. Furthermore, they said if it were up to them, they would issue the refund. I requested a contact number for the third party and the hotel personnel provided me with the number. I called the third party, they said it's up to the hotel to issue the refund. I conveyed the information I was given by the hotel, and the third party immediately called the hotel. Low and behold, the hotel possessed the capacity to issue the refund but it had to be approved by the manager, and he/she was not around but "they would give me a call tomorrow." Well, it didn't happen. I was never contacted. I was never issued a refund. Buyer beware.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Josh D
Linda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Marble Falls, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I am sorry about the above situation the only way we would not issue a refund
on a guest stay is if the reservation was a non-refundable reservation or if the
reservation was not cancelled with the terms of the cancellation policy .
It happens a lot and I fully understand your perception ,but we can not he held
responsible for guests not understanding the terms and conditions of pre-paid
reservations or the hotels cancellation policy .

Holiday Inn Express
Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Beware...if you have a reservation complaint hope you don't have to talk to the manager there because you'll never get to talk to her. Plus was told this was a franchise and privately managed hotel and not a company hotel so unless I talked to her (after calling her 3 times with no response) nothing could be done. I couldn't leave a review either on their website because no record of my reservations remained on file but was charged just the same.

BE SURE TO GET SOMETHING IN WRITING ABOUT YOUR RESERVATIONS.

Will not be staying at a Holiday Inn again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ChinTexas
I am sorry about the above situation the only way we would not issue a refund
reservation was not cancelled with the terms of the cancellation policy .
It happens a lot and I fully understand your perception ,but we can not he held
responsible for guests not understanding the terms and conditions of pre-paid
reservations or the hotels cancellation policy .

Holiday Inn Express
Friendswood
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I've been here. I really like this hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast in the morning and staff is really friendly. I definitely recommend this place for your stay.

I stay here on business and it definately meets all of my business needs with free WiFi and computer desk in my room.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Monica G
Linda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Marble Falls, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
We love what we do and we are so happy it not only shows but that you took the time
to tell us about it . That is so very appreciated , we don't always hear the good and many
times people only take the time to talk about the bad. So your comments are so very appreciated
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marble Falls
#3 of 7 in Marble Falls
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Best Western Post Oak Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel Marble Falls? Share your experiences!