“Reasonable room but overpriced.”

Motel 6 Marble Falls
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Marble Falls
“Reasonable room but overpriced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Clean and new Motel 6 and what you would expect but the price. Even though the hotel is less than 1/2 full, they don't seem to accept less than around $90 for room that is worth about $45. That seems to be the case for the hill country. Rooms are about 2X what they should be.

Room Tip: The walls are thin in new construction, so conversations in nearby rooms and pretty easy to hear. H...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
arlington, texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Loved, loved, loved staying here. What a great value, and great place. I had connecting rooms for my daughter and grandchildren. We had two dogs with us and absolutely enjoyed the pool and service received. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Extremely clean, no worries staying here.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Portia K, Manager at Motel 6 Marble Falls, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our hotel a review. We are always so pleased when a guest enjoyed their stay. We hope that you will stay with us again!
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I got a great price on hotels.com. The room is small but I'm staying here, not living here. It was very clean and I actually liked the fact that there was no carpet. It easier to sanitize vinyl rather than carpet. What a great idea!!! I had actually planned on writing a 5 star review for this hotel. Place was clean (a must for me) staff was friendly, etc. Then the dog!!! It barked for over 5 hours. Front desk person said I was the first to complain but did acknowledge that the cleaning staff had warned her earlier that the dog was barking consistently. She offered to give me a different room. Seriously? I'm in my room doing nothing wrong and you want me to pack up all of my things and change rooms because someone else has left their pet unattended and its barking? After all other options failed, and hotel did nothing I finally called the police. Last time I called the police was 20 years ago so this wasn't done "lightly" The police dept was efficient and professional. They suggested I ask the hotel for compensation because it was so annoying. I did but hotel staff refused. I did extend my stay by 2 more days because of extenuating circumstances. The price almost doubled.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DakotaLawson
Portia K, Asst. General Manager at Motel 6 Marble Falls, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for expressing your thoughts and concerns in regards to your recent stay here at Motel 6 Marble Falls. We strive to provide Excellence and use these types of incidents as a learning tool.

We are pet friendly however, all guest do not follow our pet policy rules. In this incident we can not apologize enough. Although we tried on numerous occasions to reach the pet owners, we were unsuccessful. We extended an offer to upgrade your party to a quieter area not as punishment to you but as a relief from your discomfort. For this reason we also extended a 20% discount for that days rental.

Although your stay with us was not the results we had hoped to achieve, we can only ask that you would give us the opportunity to serve you better should your travels bring you back to our area.
Oak Hills
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Ok, so this was my 2nd stay in a Motel 6 on this trip. It was just as disappointing as the 1st night. There is no more carpet, and I get that this would be a big savings to the company, and I really wouldnt have minded if the floor was CLEAN. It had a film on it that you could see and feel, and I was not comfortable walking on it in my bare feet. You could also see a film on the counter tops. Maybe a rinse with water after the cleaner would be in order. The room also smelled and felt like a hospital room. It smelled 'sanitary' and had no warmth or apeal to it. It was stark white with nothing on the walls. This particular motel was all indoor...no balconies or windows that you could open. So, you had to go completely outdoors to smoke. Heaven forbid if our room would have been on the 4th floor! I will never ever go to a Motel 6 again if this is what they consider 'Updated'. Oh, and there was no blow drier, microwave, or even a box of tissues. You could ask for them, but really...who wants to wait while its delivered to your room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cody c
Jaimie A, General Manager at Motel 6 Marble Falls, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Cody C,

I apologize for your bad experience. I really am not sure what we can do to resolve the situation besides apologize and wish you better luck in your future stays as most of the issues are related to Motel 6 franchise mandated or requirements set in place. I do suggest reaching out to our corporate office as I am sure they will value your feedback and work to make positive changes for the future. The hotel is non-smoking and this is stated in your check in. A lot of our guest like this and the new modern features of Motel 6 and others that don't. I truly wish we could cater to each one of our guests needs but unfortunately this is very tough to do as you can imagine. What do strive hard to meet the core needs which include a clean room, great staff, a comfortable bed, and a reasonably priced place to be your home away from home. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please email me at gm@marblefallsmotel.com and I can provide you with contact information to share your concerns and suggestions to our corporate office.

Jaimie A
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

My Cell Phone was stolen, along with $20 Bill. We stayed here as we were passing through Marble Falls. The Motel is Over Priced at 90+ night. Not worth the $$. The staff is very rude and rooms are dirty.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill F
Jaimie A, General Manager at Motel 6 Marble Falls, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Bill F,

I am very sorry to hear this. Could you email me at gm@marblefallsmotel.com so we can discuss this further. We didn't receive a formal complaint, were you able to talk to one of our GSR's? If you could give me more details on the incident and the date of your stay, it would help us investigate this issue.
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

COMPUTER and other items stolen from room. I have been at this motel for almost a month for work. For the most part the staff is really friendly and helpful, and rooms are clean, but a little noisy from people up stairs once in a while. Back door security card reader doesn't work, and people prop open door to allow easy entry, which also allows anyone to enter hotel. Door key card needed to be re-programed about every 2-3 days. After being here almost a month, I received a call that they would only service my room twice a week, because weekly rentals are considered to be long term, and to keep cost down. I thought it was a little odd that I am just being told this a month after being at the hotel, but... that was all fine and dandy. But the first day they didn't clean my room, I come back after work only to find my laptop, charger, phone charger, Bose headset Stolen from my room, almost $2500 worth of items. While waiting for the police to show up I also discover I have a delivery at the front desk. My package was VERY clearly marked to me, my company, and my room #, and they opened my package and went through it. Police report was filed, and General manager has completely blown me off for almost 2 weeks so far

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank Randy C
Jaimie A, General Manager at Motel 6 Marble Falls, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
apologize for the mis-communication because we have certainly done more than nothing during these past 10 days. I had conveyed to the staff you had contact with about this incident, that we would contact you after we found out all the facts in the investigation, which includes a wide variety of detail and protocol that must be followed. I'm not sure what was conveyed back to you, but to explain, we didn't want to contact you without having concrete information and I thought my staff did the same thing essentially that I would have done or said to you during this time without having the full investigation completed. We are cooperating with local authorities to ensure we get a swift resolution but unfortunately, these matters do take time. Our policy, as is majority of hotels, we are not liable for lost or stolen merchandise that happen on property and this is clearly stated on our guest registration card, but I can assure you that we will do whatever it takes to get to the bottom of this. As a traveler myself, I have found my self faced with a similar situation last year and I can understand the frustration level you are going through. We understand and certainly sympathize with you and also we understand it is bad business to have incidents like this occur. Our goal is to provide good service to our guest and also provide jobs for our community. We can only achieve this with satisfied guest. I hope you can accept my sincere apology for the mis-communication and understand that we are working everyday until this situation has been resolved. The top of our priorities is to ensure we address any security holes on property to maintain safety for our guest. Please email me at GM@marblefallsmotel.com and we'll work with you on specifics of the case.
Burnet, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

called to see if room was available gave them my cc information, called back to check rate and said would call back if wanted room. they charged me for room anyway, when I called to say we had not confirmed room assist manager spoke over me and refused to reimburse the money at 98$ a night!!! come on it is Motel 6!!! she also said if I put a stop payment on it she knew how to fill out paperwork so that it would be denied and gave me a false email address for the manager!!! will never ever stay here or recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Disappointed-local20
Jaimie A, General Manager at Motel 6 Marble Falls, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Dear Disappointed-local20,

I sincerely apologize for your bad experience. Customer service is our Number 1 priority and I am sorry that we have failed on this occasion. I would like the opportunity to make things right. Could you please email me at GM@marblefallsmotel.com and would like to discuss this in greater detail?

I appreciate the time you took to let us know. Your feedback will help us improve and we hope we plan to swiftly resolve the situation.

Thank you.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Marble Falls
Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake
BEST WESTERN Post Oak Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet

Been to Motel 6 Marble Falls? Share your experiences!