“Real French style bakery and bistro... In the hill country!”
Review of Brothers Bakery & Cafe - CLOSED

Brothers Bakery & Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Marble Falls
“Real French style bakery and bistro... In the hill country!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Order the chicken poblano soup! Have ANY sandwich on their freshly baked bread! They also have terrific teas and coffees. The owner actually learned his craft in France! Great place for lunch.

Visited July 2013

Houston, Texas
“How does this place stay in business??”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I hope their wedding cakes are wonderful and the owner can make a profit off of them because the coffee shop/bakery is not going to do it for him!
Several people came in and looked at the pastries and left. He is not making sandwiches anymore. Owner doesn't seem to understand he can't build a business with this happening. He was in the shop and I heard him explaining to a customer that he didn't have much to sell because he couldn't afford to repair a $10,000 machine. Blamed the bad economy -- just making excuses.
There were only a few choices in the display case and none of them had prices on them--you had to ask about,everything. Woman at counter wasn't sure what kind of fruit was in the turnover. Service is slow and seating is uncomfortable. If you are looking for a breakfast or just a snack with coffee, look elsewhere.

• Visited June 2013
“Get a sandwich somewhere else!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Had a califonia turkey club....very little turkey, tomatoes paper thin, withered lettuce...would be good if they weren't so stingy.

• Visited June 2013
“Bakery”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

The items are too pricey. I would shop in the bakery more but the prices are too high. Maybe my paycheck isn't in their league?

Visited January 2013
Marble Falls, Texas
“Don't order cakes from here”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I ordered a birthday cake from here. I asked the price before I placed the order. I sent my daughter to pick up the cake with cash to pay. The cake was not ready, and we had to wait an additional hour. When my daughter went back the 2nd time, the owner/baker tried to charge my daughter $15 more than I was quoted. She didn't have enough cash and called me. I talked to the owner and asked why he was charging me more than I was quoted, and he said he spent a lot of time on the cake. I explained to him that he should have called me if the cost of doing the cake was going to change from the price quoted. He agreed to lower the price by about 7 dollars, but I still had to pay more than I was quoted. Ridiculous. I wouldn't have picked it up if my 10 year old wasn't already counting on it. Didn't taste great either.

Visited August 2012