We love going to different places in West Texas and this was our first time here. We knew it was going to be expensive and it was. We rented the Presidential Suite. It was advertised to have a TV but it did not work. The signing of the release was odd so I just packed more firearms to protect us against all of the perils they mentioned. Met some interesting people from Texas and some "mindless windbags" from Austria. The views are incredible and a tip of the Resistol to Mr. Poindexter on his historical restoration. Thought the food was fine and you can bring your own beverage. Plenty of books to read everywhere. No cell phone reception but strong Wi-Fi. I brought my own satellite phone. If we go again we will probably bring another couple. We took our own mountain tour and the panoramas were incredible. The staff will help you with your bags. Do not expect a "cruise director" to be planning activities. I walked by myself up to the tomb of don Milton Favor, sat down and took in all the vast sites and imagined what this place must have been like 130 years ago. Just a great place to go and contemplate ones life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 30,000 acre ranch, with the finest luxury boutique resort in West Texas and the Big Bend. Unique accommodations with fireplaces, spectacular views, gourmet food. Three restored adobe forts dating back to 1857. .Located 30 minutes south of Marfa and 30 minutes north of Presidio, Facilities include several museums, fitness center, spa, Media Center with a extensive library of movies and board games, horseback riding, ATV tours, Humvee tours, skeet and target shooting, hiking, mountain biking, bird watching and fishing. Near the Chinati Foundation, Judd Foundation and art galleries in Marfa. Big Bend National Park, Fort Davis, and McDonald Observatory within one to two hours driving distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cibolo Creek Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cibolo Creek Ranch Hotel Marfa
- Cibolo Creek Ranch Marfa, Texas