“The best guide to Big Bend”
Review of Angell Expeditions

Angell Expeditions
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Marfa
Austin, Texas, USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“The best guide to Big Bend”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Found Charlie Angell on TripAdvisor and so glad we did. His vast knowledge of Texas history, geology, art, and everything else under the sun made our day with him so memorable. He will tailor a tour to include whatever interests you and we learned so much about Big Bend. Super nice guy, great day.

Visited November 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My mother and I just returned from a trip to Big Bend where we were lucky enough to have Charlie as our guide on the river. Charlie is 1st class! He took such great care of us. He helped my 68 year old mother through every step of the way and she had a blast. He is very knowledgable about the area. Everything from the plant and animal life, to the history and geology of the area. We enjoyed our conversations with him as much as the river trip. He puts safety first and did an excellent job getting us down the river. We had a blast! I truly can not say enough good things about our experience and I would recomend Charlie and Angell Expeditions to anyone considering a jeep or river experience.

Visited September 2013
La Marque, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jeep tour and river rafting - first class !”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were recommended by a friend to contact Angell Expeditions for our first visit to Big Bend in Texas. We were given excellent advice. Charlie is one of the best in his field ! He knows the history, the facts, the geography, the wldlife...you name it. Our vacation would not have been the same. He is not part of a large chain or corporate guide service, you are dealing with someone who loves what he does.

We will recommend Charlie (Angell Expeditions) over and over again.

Mike and Michele Lockwood
La Marque, Texas

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mike L
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Tour Guide in the Big Bend”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I've been to the Big Bend a few times and I have done some trips with some of the more well known tour guide companies. I felt like most of the guides were just clocking hours and really didn't make the experience very interesting, or at least go out of there way to do so.

I decided to make a solo river trip down to Big Bend on the fly on a Friday night. I'd had heard good things about Angell Expeditions, so I emailed Charlie that night and he was very prompt with his response and organization. With ease I was able to setup a trip for that upcoming Sunday.

The river trip itself on the rio grand was awesome! Charlie's knowledge of the geology, horticulture, history, and other random tidbits enriched the experience farther than expected.

Not only did he do a great job of making the Big Bend area interesting with his deep connected knowledge of the area, he went out of his way to make side trip to check out other interesting and lesser known parts of the rio grande.

After the river trip itself (only a 13 mile kayak trip) he gave me some very insightful suggestions for my drive back home. Following his instructions, I found some incredible views of the Chisos Mountains that really made my drive back a pleasure as opposed to a burden.

I highly recommend Charlie, he is truly the best tour guide in the area.

I know all my future trips will be booked through him.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jacob M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Excellent guide, excellent time!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Honestly, I can't really add much more here than what was already said in the other reviews. Charlie is fabulous, really knows his stuff, and enjoys sharing his knowledge, too. The next time I plan a trip to the Big Bend area, he will be the first person I consult with to coordinate the best trip possible.

Visited July 2013