All reviewssafari tentone nightoutdoor showerfun experiencecool placecamping experiencefire pitairstream trailerfree coffeeopen spaceunique place to staytexas weatherheated bedsown bathroomplenty of hot wateryour luggagemusic festival
Reviewed 3 June 2013

i'm so glad that i got to experience El Cosmico and Marfa, TX. i was able to sleep in both the safari tent and the teepee. i'll have to return for the restored RV experience. liz lambert did an excellent job!

- well-kept, clean campground
- great service/management
- outdoor bathrooms/showers
- excellent bedding provided- i was cozy and warm at night.

i have no complaints for this place.

Marfa is a small, sleepy town with so much charm and beauty. (but i recommend going from Thur/Fri and on and to check business hours)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank chupaann
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We camped here on a trip to West Texas - my friend's first night in a tent! - and it was a fantastic experience. The outdoor showers and claw-foot bathtub are awesome. I met some pretty interesting folks while brushing my teeth at the outdoor sink! Coffee on the patio in the morning was excellent, a cold beer during the late afternoon was even better. The staff was friendly, chatty, and helpful.
I've heard some folks dismiss El Cosmico as a haven for hipsters - don't let it's rep deter you from visiting. It's a great place, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank xiola
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Made it into the Best Hotels of the WORLD Book! A hoot to camp there. We had a tent. But there are vintage trailers, tents on platforms, teepees you can "camp" in. Inside and outside toilets. Outdoor showers, outdoor sink with big mirror. Enough about facilities--the people are also really nice. They sell ice and gifts and some snacks. Marfa is a neat place--hipsters stay at El Cosmico. Stuffier people seem to stay at El paisano hotel in town. El Cosmico can't be beat. Check it out at http://elcosmico.com/

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Claudia D
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I booked El Royal trailer at El Cosmico and absolutely loved it! It was spacious, comfortable, and fun to be in. The queen sized bed had very comfortable pillows and a soft down cover. The toilet was tiny but clean and efficient. The kitchen had a full-sized electric stove, enough counterspace to work on, and a tiny refrigerator. The kitchen supplies were a little limited (one single pan and one pot, no cutting board or knives, no serving platters or utensils) but covered the basics. Be sure to bring EVERYTHING you are going to eat and drink, including salt, pepper, and sugar. Providing coffee and a stove top peculator was an unexpected delight. The dining and sitting areas were spacious. The private deck outside the door was perfect for our morning meal. Although we didn't use our private outdoor shower, it looked inviting. The wagon they provided to haul our things to the trailer was a big convenience. I loved the time I spent in this trailer with my travel companion and our big chocolate Lab.

Room Tip: El Royal is worth the little extra price
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank serrita
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Two nights were not nearly enough -- El Cosmico is such a charming funky place, comfortable and staffed with friendly people who want to help you have a great stay. I stayed in the Kozy Coach and will probably choose it again the next time I go to Marfa. I just don't have a single unhappy thing to say about El Cosmico, or about Marfa (though at least when I visited, it would've been a little better to be there over the weekend because some of the bars and restaurants were closed during the week). But none of that has to do with El Cosmico, which is simply wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo