“Sullying a good name”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Helena, Montana, United States
“Sullying a good name”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The original Borunda's was a Tex-Mex classic. Now they are just living on that nostalgia. You can never tell when they are open, and when I found it open they had already run out of their special (brisket). They didn't care. Nothing on the menu attracted my attention (no other Tex-Mex), so we left. Too bad.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank MarshallMayer

Edmonton, Canada
“Should Have BBQ more often”
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I happened to stop in when they have their BBQ.... It was so good..... Mouth Watering Brisket, Pork Ribs, Chicken and Sausage. Best Place in Marfa to have a Beer.... non pretentious.... a place where the locals go....

Austin, TX
“Real local beer joint with TVs”
Reviewed 16 March 2009

If you're in Marfa and you need a place to watch a game, you're pretty much screwed. However Borunda's actually has TVs, and it's a REAL local joint (as opposed to all the fancy spots owned by out-of-towners). I spent an evening recently watching an OU football game, drinking cheap beer, and talking Marfa hisory with the friendly couple that owns the place. It was great, and I would never get that experience otherwise. Also, they were nice enough to let me stay there 2 hours after closing time to wath the game. They even drank with me! I hope Borunda's can hang on in Marfa.