“Great local place”
Review of Mando's Drive In

Mando's Drive In
Ranked #16 of 34 Restaurants in Marfa
Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you want to eat good food where the locals do this is your place. From hamburgers to Mexican food it is all good. Don't be fooled by the outside, it use to be a drive in but now you must go in.

1  Thank Janet A

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great family dining and food. I generally go there for breakfast and lunch. This is where the locals go to eat.

1  Thank mebledsoe
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Great local food. Best Mexican I could find in the area. We were a large group so they had trouble seating us but treated us like we were family. Did I mention how good the food was?

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Monday mornings in Marfa are a little slow and the choices for breakfast are slim. But... Mando's ended up being a good choice. While it has 'drive-in' in it's name, there is full menu service in a nice dining room.

I went chalk for a Mexican Huevos Rancheros and my wife went for a scrambled egg and potato mix. Nicely sized portions that easily got us to lunch... and priced at a very good value. There's a fine line between these dishes being bad... average... or great. While these didn't hit the 'great' button, they were on the better side of 'average'. The sauces could have stood a little bit more zip, but that's why they put the bottled stuff on the table.

Service is nice and the restrooms clean. And it's open on Monday mornings.

1  Thank Hokie67
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have eaten at Mando's several times and the service is always slow, but very friendly. The hamburgers , fries and breakfast tacos have always been good. Can't say for the other items, because I haven't tried them. I always call ahead and get my stuff to go.