“What good food!!!!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Thanks to TripAdvisor we were able to find this and eat here. Use the address listed as my GPS had a totally different location. Grand Ave is also Hwy 80.

Husband had crawfish etouffee which was very good. He would have liked it had it been a bit hotter (with spice). I had crab bisque with green salad (evidently the nightly special). Salad was OK. Ranch dressing is made in house. Bisque was great.

Don't miss out on fresh beignets for dessert. These are cut and shaped like donut holes which is different but good. Lots of powdered sugar for dipping and rolling :)

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Will definitely return when traveling in this area.

Signs indicated fresh boiled crawfish on Friday and Saturday nights (of course, that's because they are in season in April). Sorry we missed out as this was a Tuesday.

2  Thank PhDNana
Johnny H, Owner at Cajun Tex, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor. Your comments rather good or bad, always help us to improve ourselves. A Gift Card with your Trip Advisor name is at our front register for your review. Thanks again, Johnny Horne

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Found byaccident on an early Saturday night. They were very busy but we put our order in and were served promptly. The food was great...servers. and by continually to see if we needed anything, the live music was fun.a really nice dinner

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I admit, I'm partial to cajun food. This place has that, but also has plenty of other really good entrees, too - like the PoBoys. I really love the catfish covered with crawfish etoufee; it is outstanding! I've never tried fish tacos before I got them at Cajun Tex and now I look for chances to go eat them again. The fish tacos are my lunchtime favorite because they are grilled, healthy (when you get them with steamed veggies), and not as heavy as the catfish or fried treats. I've eaten at Cajun Tex many times and never had anything that wasn't delicious. The prices are good, too, and I enjoy the live music when they have it.

I have re-read this review and it's so positive it sounds like a "plant." It isn't. I don't know the owners, I just enjoy good food and I get it at Cajun Tex!

1  Thank keepmovin63

Reviewed 22 February 2014

You better be hungry when you get here, prices are great, food is great, great sweet tea, the staff is friendly, enjoyed the live music, the place is great.

1  Thank JohnRo1958

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stopped here by chance as I was passing through on my way back to Missouri. The location is right along the road and next to a gas station and looked very interesting. You immediately walk in and to your right is a giant menu filled with various southern and Cajun options. The staff is very friendly and doesn't rush you at all.

We selected the Shrimp Po Boy and cat fish platters and choose Cajun fries and sweet potato fries. Everything we had was excellent, being from Missouri, I have never tasted shrimp like that!
The fries had a cajun seasoning and spritz of hot sauce on them. We also ordered a side of fried green tomatoes, while they aren't like grandma always made, they were indeed fantastic.

Price wise, we spent roughly $20 for a complete meal with drinks and an appetizers, not bad for lunch.

The service here is the real star, the staff constantly walks around asking if you need anything, or just to check and see if your meal is satisfactory.

2  Thank ChrisS817