“nice place to stay”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Charleston, South Carolina
“nice place to stay”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel is in very good condition. Looks like it has been recently remodeled. Restaurants and shopping are very close by. Me and my family had a wonderful stay. Staff is very friendly, we needed directions to couple of places in Marshall and front desk was very helpful. There is a microwave and refrigerators in all rooms that was very convenient for my 2 year old that was staying with us. There is a facility for guest laundry as well. Just very convenient and clean place to be. We will return again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Donald M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dallas
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The motel is located a quarter mile off the interstate, avoiding that traffic noise. State route 59 runs along the hotel, with most rooms facing along (not toward) that road, or are further removed. Warm & friendly greeting by desk staff, gave me #201, which has additional noise protection behind the roof of the guest house. Clean king room, recently refurnished and updated. Nice bath/shower and counter, comfortable bed, small fridge and microwave. Wall mounted TV does not swivel. Quiet night. Most guests seem to be construction or oil trade employees with large P/U trucks - who idle for a while in the morning before taking off. Breakfast is minimal choices Styrofoam style. Grab a cup of coffee and a Danish and get a real breakfast down the road. Can't complain though, great price with AAA discount. Explore old-town Marshall, Caddo Lake and historic Jefferson nearby.

Room Tip: #201 is the quietest room of them all.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank HermanTheGerman-inTX
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I am on a business trip and i was looking for something reasonable and clean! I found the place! i enjoyed my stay at the Super 8 Motel Marshall...Very Friendly staff and very helpful. The rooms were very clean I got room service everyday..and I was here for more than 2 weeks. I had a great breakfast every morning. I will recommend this place to my friends and family. Thank you for making me feel like I was at home.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tracey W
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. Nice clean rooms, flat screen TVs and micro and refrigerator in room. That was very convenient. We had a great time the staff here is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good as well. Me and my husband will return here again on our way back home. Thanks to the staff we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cindy w
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Checked in at 5:30. Checked out at 5:31. Upon inspection of room found that bed had not been changed since it was last slept in. Never again for this or any other Super 8 Motel. I have found you usually get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2013
Jim V, General Manager at Motel 6 Marshall, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
I'm deeply sorry for the bad experience you had at the hotel. We have corrected mistake. I want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we hope you will give us a second chance.

Travellers are raving about these Marshall hotels

Valley View, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We were pleased with this hotel . Nothing special but very nice television ! The thing we really will brag about is that I left my pillow . We called a hour after we left and ask them to keep it until we came back 6 days later . We really weren't expecting them to still have it , but they did !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jim V, Manager at Motel 6 Marshall, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Thank you for making us your home away from home. We hope to see you on your next visit.