“I wanna live here!”

East Texas Baptist University
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Marshall
More attraction details
Owner description: This institution of higher learning was established in 1914 as East Texas Baptist College.
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I wanna live here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

The campus is very nice. Every single person I met wanted to tell me how glad they were to have my family visiting, and wishing us luck in transferring here. If you're interested in music, these people have a really great program geared for everybody. Excellent cafeteria, I even love the housing conditions. Oh, and if you're a freshman, they're building a brand new building to house all of you. I saw the blue prints for the bedrooms, you'll love it.

The only negative thing I can think of about the campus, is that they mow the lawn almost if not every day. People on campus kid that the mowers know your napping schedule.

Visited November 2013

Marshall, Texas
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This place has one of the most beautiful campuses we have ever seen. The school is growing but is still small enough that the professors actually know the students (and vice-versa). The business school is outstanding and the music department has a faculty like you would expect to find at the largest and best performing arts academy. The Nursing School has a 100% pass rate on state exams - unheard of! It is a treat just to drive through and see the young people here.

Visited July 2013
Longview, Texas
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“My son attended ETBU- they did leave out the fact that it is a Baptist University”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Excellent education with a great christian view. Small but long history and excellent professors. Daughter in law got her nursing degree here and got an excelent possition in Houston right away.

1 Thank biotea