“The Food Was Ok, The Service was REALLY Slow”

Blue Frog Restaurant and Catering
Ranked #12 of 79 Restaurants in Marshall
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Offering Lunch, Event & Catering Services at our new location - 208 N. Washington - Downtown Marshall. Now Open for lunch and continuing to provide on and off site small to large catering services in our tradition of Classic Cuisine with Southern Hospitality.
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We went to visit a college in Marshall and were walking around the square when we happened upon the Blue Frog Grill. Two ladies were leaving and we asked them how the food was. They said it was so good that they were there last night and they came back the next day. We went in and I spotted homemade bread and was most pleaased. We went and sat down. There was only 1 waitress and she had to be new. There were only 3 tables of patrons and we waited 20 minutes for our drinks and 20 more minutes to order. It took almost 2 hours to finally get out of there.... I love a sleepy little town but I dont love having to spend the whole time in a restaurant and miss all of the fun going on outside... sigh...

1  Thank RetiredCoppers
BFG101, Owner at Blue Frog Restaurant and Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Frog! I printed your review and did an immediate impromptu training with our front of the house staff! Which, if your review date was your dining date, was a new college student. None of us like hearing the negative experiences, however, if genuine they are typically needed and excellent opportunities to make us better. Good luck with your college search and should you find yourself in Marshall again I hope you'll stop by again. Bon Appetit - Shawne

Reviewed 7 May 2013

With a name like Blue Frog I was expecting something out of the ordinary - something very tastey. The lemon baked chick en with vegs for lunch was bland. All the lemon pepper was on the skin thus no flavor in the meat. The vegs were good. Some of the other items on the menu seamed high for Marshall, TX

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I attended Marshall's New Year New You Health Fest in January 2013. Totally awesome event by the way. Had the great pleasure of eating Blue Frog's handmade black bean burgers with sweet tator fries. It was the biggest, tastiest bb burger I have ever eaten in my life. Totally worth the price.

1  Thank Jill_McKeever1
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Great food with awesome service. Food 10 out of 10. Service 10 out of 10. State of the business 10 out of 10. I love the people and the food. I will go back and enjoy my self. When in Marshall, Texas while on the town square stop in at the Blue Frog and relive sit in dining at its best.

1  Thank Rachelle S
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We made the short trip to Marshall to view the Christmas lighting and stopped in here for dinner. Although we arrived only a few minutes before closing time, the owner and staff were courteous and seemed glad we'd come.

The food was very good. With 7 in our party and each ordering something different, we had a chance to sample a wide variety of dishes and no one was disappointed. The highlights: The burgers are made from 100% Angus beef. The quality really comes through. The chicken salad and chicken soup are homemade and very "chunky". Both are winners. The french fries are battered before frying and are the bomb. The belgian waffle that comes with the chicken and waffles was tender and flavorful. And finally, the kids in our group enjoyed mac and cheese, which was as good as I've ever tasted.

All in all, a really good meal in downtown Marshall.

1  Thank Alan B