“Nice place to spend the night”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Marshall
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The room was clean and neat including the bathroom. The free breakfast was smallish compared to others, but the items were plentiful. the overall experience was a good one and just what I expected from LaQuinta

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at the Marshall TX La Quinta last night, primarily because of their high TripAdvisor rating and a fair price. When we stopped we were really surprised at the level of décor and the overall look of quality, both in the public spaces and our bedroom. BUT, when showering I first noticed that hair was clogging the shower drain (wrong color for either me or my wife). This made me give the rest of the bathroom the "eagle eye". It was clear that the maid was in a hurry when she got to the bathroom. Found several problems (beside the hair, a broken towel rack, toilet "rocked" on floor, dirt on wall). Hope the morning desk clerk will discuss this with the maid, as she promised she would.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jdgpe
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was very easy to find, located just off the interstate. The staff was very nice, the room comfortable and breakfast good. The only thing that I would have to complain about was we tried to take our grandchildren swimming in the indoor pool and the water was extremely cold.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel was quiet, but when I first opened the door to my room I noticed a musty smell and it was quite stuffy. Adjusting the AC didn't help which made it uncomfortable to sleep. The surfaces in the room were dirty, one of the curtains was falling off, something brown on the bathroom wall, the bed was noisy (probably due to a mattress cover) and the stench of mold I discovered in the shower when I opened the shower door was enough to make me just close the shower door and pack my things to get out. The brief fire alarm at 6:22 am was also an unwelcomed wake-up call. It will be a while before I think about staying here again. Breakfast was a disappointment as well. The biscuits were so hard I couldn't even stab them with a fork, waffles made according to the directions weren't much better. I'd suggest saving time and heading on down to Whataburger. I really wanted to like this hotel. It's at the perfect half way point of my trip, which I will be making regularly, but for the price I paid I am extremely dissatisfied.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Debra S
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stay at LaQuinta Inns all over the US. This one was nice, although our room was the smallest King room we've ever had. The breakfast was fine and staff helpful. But the fire alarm went off at 6:20 am every morning. The first morning my husband spoke to the manager about it. He said the manager said they've been having problems with it and don't know what's wrong. We were concerned that the manager wasn't concerned about it. The alarm woke up the slew of kids staying there for a baseball tournament so there was no going back to sleep afterwards. We also had no maid service, but we were too tired from our days activities and went to bed rather than call and complain. We got woke up the next morning again by the fire alarm at the same time, 6:20 am. and again the kids running around upstairs afterwards made it impossible to go back to sleep. The checkout staff was apologetic and said that they have requested it get fixed. We did not stay a third night. We decided to go home. This was a horrible vacation weekend and we probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bonnieblan
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Clean and quiet. I was very impressed. Front desk night personnel was really helpful and friendly. In my opinion it's the best place to stay on 59 heading to or from houston . Breakfast is also pretty decent. All in all a really good value.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

fortunately we stayed for only one night; the ADA room was really really musty and moldy; the security door was unlocked for our entire stay yet the sign says it is always locked. 200 character minimum review?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple