“Ribs and Fried Catfish...Need I Say More?”

Porky's Smokehouse and Grill
Ranked #14 of 76 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Porky's Smokehouse and Grill is in a word - addicting. On my first and certainly not to be my last visit I ordered the two meat plate and asked for the BBQ pork ribs and fried catfish on the same plate. Although the combination of the two was not listed the server was quick to place the order and in a few moments I was dining on some of the best fried catfish I've eaten in many years. While the pork ribs were not necessarily the best I've eaten they were certainly quite good and who is going to complain when you can have ribs and catfish at the same time? Not me! The accompanying cole slaw and potato salad were both well-prepared and seasoned.

Porky's will most certainly be on my "must dine" restaurants on my next visit to Marshall, TX.

2  Thank tltalbert

Reviewed 31 May 2013

As you might expect, the meat is the strong point at this restaurant. The chicken in particular is excellent, as are the ribs and the catfish. To be honest, I've never gotten bad meat here.

Considerably less attention is paid to the sides, however. I can't promise that the slaw, potato salad, and the beans are purchased generically, but that's definitely the sense you get from them.

I still love this place, and the value is great, but come for the meat, and if you don't expect a ton out of the sides, you'll be happy. It is also the only BBQ in Marshall with convenient eat-in seating, so is a great choice.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

After a day on the interstate this place recommended by the front desk staff at the hotel I stayed at for the night. I got the pulled pork dinner with beans and cole slaw and was not disappointed in the least. The pulled pork was not all gristle and dry ( like some other places I have been ) the cole slaw was very good ( not as good as mom's but hey who's is? ) and the beans were excellent. The waitress's there are GREAT ( they make you feel like a local and right at home ) Next time I am going through the area I will make sure I stop in here and get a full belly.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

A good knockoff of Neely’s Brown Pig. Maybe the sandwich is just a little larger. I eat there most of the time when I travel to Marshall.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

It's a cozy, and wonderful atmosphere that you enter. Seat yourself wherever you want, and try the sweet tea! It's delicious, and they have more than bbq for the people that may be in your party and don't want it. The Catfish is delicious as well!!