“Really nice stay, will stay again”

Comfort Suites Marshall
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Very please with our stay here on a Saturday night. We had a double queen suite and it was more than enough room for two plus size adults and two large teenagers. The beds were comfortable as was the sleeper sofa. The gentleman at the front desk when we checked on was personable and changed our rate without hesitation when I enquirer about the government rate. There were oranges and apples at check in and fresh coffee off to the side.
There was no noise from the hall or other rooms and our room was neat and tidy.
The breakfast was plentiful the next morning and there were many people available to wipe off a table or restock the food. The dining area was small and tight but we made do as well as everyone else did.
This is a basic hotel, the carpet was a little worn and there was a slight musty smell to the room. The bathrooms were a little stuffy and the elevator was warm and slow. If these are issues for you, stay somewhere else. For us, the rooms were large, comfortable and clean. The staff was helpful and nice, from the front desk to the maids. There were enough choices for breakfast to where my diabetic husband was able to eat. I was happy with my choice and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AmyRenee13

Reviewed 8 August 2011

this place is wonderful, it is outstanding, dont hesitate staying here its just great, clean, affordable, safe, and the staff are very helpful

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We had a great stay! We were traveling through the state and were just picking hotels as we went from our AAA book so it's somewhat of a toss up what you are getting sight unseen. The room was great! Clean with comfortable beds, the breakfast had a very good variety, even strawberry waffles to make. Excellent value for the money!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor, I heard upper level rooms were hotter in temperature.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at this establishment recently as part of a 10 day trip. I have a mixed review, but will begin with the positive: Comfort Suites (CS) has beautiful curb appeal and foyer/reception entry. The double queen suite we had was also very nicely decorated and clean. This establishment needs a front desk employee that can match the grand entry. But the employee who was leaving for the day as I was walking in could afford to make a better first impression: say "Good afternoon. Someone (a name?) will be right with you. Enjoy your stay!) Courtesy costs nothing. And people pay hard-earned money for your services.

When I checked in I had a cool reception compared to the 3 previous hotel check-ins; no big deal--I continued to smile but remained silent. Eventually the young man at the desk would break his terse silence and turn on his p.r. skills.

One disappointment was that this was the only hotel to NOT grant a AAA discount on this trip. We checked in on a Thursday night. Maybe that makes a difference? Another disappointment was that my computer warned me that the internet site was not secure. Opted to use the SLOW connection in the business center next morning. My other big disappointment was a too soft bed and waking up with "mosquito?" bites on my back and back end! Hubby had fewer of them on his chest and upper back torso. I stripped the linens and searched for evidence of critters but found none. Proceeded to bag my pj's and double bag all laundry and threw that bag into the trunk and washed it in hot water as soon as we got to our next destination. Felt “bugged” the rest of the trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank yosidoming
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Probably the best room I have ever had for the price. Huge room, huge bathroom, helpful staff. The breakfast was typical, but we aren't big on hotel breakfast anyway. Very clean comfy hotel. We were just passing through and went out to eat after we checked in and to shop a bit and I couldn't wait to get back to the room to relax. I would recommended this hotel to anyone. Something else I loved about this hotel was no pets. I hate staying in hotels that allow pets!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Check in- OK
Room - where was the remote for the TV???
Search for remote only to find condom wrappers/food/dirt/change etc.....beside and behind our bedside table, behind the bed, behind/beside the pull out sofa.....
Let the front desk know and were moved ot a wheelchair accessible room, instead of a condom wrappers we were welcomed with toothpicks on the floor.....
In the morning inquired as to if anything was going to be done in regards to our room, as we were checking out. Told that they (front desk) had a post it note saying that the room we had been in had a cleaning issue...... I asked "If anything was going to be done in regards to our stay, and was told that the manager was on the phone and that they would give us a call". While we were on the road , we received a call stating that they would credit us 25%............................
Priceless!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CruiseWhere
Reviewed 6 September 2009

My wife and I were travelling to Texas to visit our families in Texas over Spring Break. Usually we stop only once on the trip at a motel, but this time we needed to stop twice. We were very pleased with the beaity of the motel. Its interior decorations were beautiful and the flowes were beautifully maintained and its owners were obviously proud of those flowers. The breakfast was outstanding. It was a real treat to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple