“Comfortable and easy to access from I - 20”

Comfort Suites Marshall
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Fort Worth, Texas
“Comfortable and easy to access from I - 20”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

First the good stuff.... we were greeted by a very nice front desk clerk who quickly assigned us our rooms and then called each room in a few minutes to be sure that all was OK. She also gave me maps of the city and several helpful suggestions to make our short visit more enjoyable. Each room was large with both a sitting area and a sleeping area. Bed was comfortable and A/C was efficient and quiet. The room was clean and the bathroom was spotless.
The breakfast room was adequate size. I'm not a fan of powdered reconstituted eggs, so I skipped them in favor of oatmeal. The mystery meat they served one morning looked like pepperoni left over from a pizza, so I skipped that too. The next morning, the meat was ID'ed as a sausage patty. Many people chose to make a waffle. So, overall, I would stay again and recommend this hotel to others. But...
my one negative comment is that you should be sure of your schedule if you book the non-refundable rate on the internet. They mean just that! One person in our party was hospitalized just prior to the trip and the doctor would not let that person travel. They would not refund the charge even though I gave almost 2 weeks prior notice. Many other places will do that for a serious reason, but not this place. Consider that when booking.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 15 January 2013

My extended family and I were coming into town for the...I believe it was called Winter Wonderland or something like it, BOMBED ALL THE WAY. I will never attend that event again. As for the hotel, it was clean and suitable for what we needed. The front desk had all the information I asked for, which is a plus.. it's not a good look not to have the most basic information like finding the nearest Walmart or Shopping area. The breakfast was decent, I didn't expect anything better than what they provided. There's plenty of information in the lobby which I love. It had a good location not to far from the Hwy or restaurants. If I ever came back to Marshall, I'd stay here.

Room Tip: Some rooms are located by the elevator, if your picky about noise or an extreme little sleeper I sug...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Lubbock
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We have stayed in many hotels and we always choose Comfort Inn and Suites if possible. There is a level of consistency that we have grown to expect and this hotel was just great! Immaculately clean and comfortable. Breakfast items were fresh and good. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, neighbors can be noisy....slamming doors and loud tv. But I haven't figure...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We where going to stay at La Quinta but they were sold out. So glad they were! This was our first stay at Comfort Suites and honestly I was quite hesitant. In my experience, $75.00 hotels are not usually something to write home about. Was I surprised as we drove into the parking lot and I saw the landscaping...kale, snapdragons, pansys in all colors. It was the day after Thanksgiving and I was not looking forward to returning home and decorating the Christmas tree but whoever decorates this hotel inspired me. I was sharing all this with my sister and all she could say was, "are you kidding?"

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

I don't even know where to start. Got to room and pulled the comforter back and there was bright red fresh blood on the sheets. Called the desk and was told he had fresh sheets I could come get!! After going back and forth he offered to move us to a different room. I contacted management who was very rude. Companions room had terrible mold in bathroom and room smelled moldy. Shortly after arriving home both occupants came down with pneumonia. Please do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Csykes8560
Trenton
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Hotel was fine yet when we checked out and asked if rate included the AARP rate discount was told yes but learned this was incorrect. The rate charged was more than what the quoted rate had been. Have yet to hear back from them.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We've stayed at a lot of Comfort Inn suites of late, and this one was good. Nice room. Quiet. Mediocre breakfast. Ethernet cable provided! Helpful staff. And a good exercise room. Fourt stars is about as much as a Comfort Inn can get. It aint' the Rtiz, but it's good enough and cheap enough.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple