“Retro”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Food was simple...sandwiches. I loved the potato salad. I am picky about potato salad that is not homemade so good job. Favorite was the salted caramel banana cupcake...mmm going to make that once I get home.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

First visit to Sweet Sabine's. The sandwiches on the lunch menu looked great , but we had Sabine's salad and the recommended Cranberry Chicken Salad plate. Both were excellent.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

My kids and I stopped here while shopping around downtown Marshall. It's just sandwiches and soups and sweets....I didn't think we could go wrong. The "panini" my son and I ordered was a joke. It was the smallest square of Mrs. Baird's white break, with processed turkey lunchmeat and a strip of bacon smashed in a panini press. I order a half (not expecting it to be that small) and finished it in 2 bites....seriously. The cup of soup I ordered with the half sandwich was a powered mix, that obviously had sat long enough to get a "skin" on it which they stirred into the soup --- nasty!! Had the creamy chicken soup not had the chunks of soup skin in it - it still would have been tastless and horrible. My son and I dumped so much salt and pepper in it -- but still couldn't finish it. My daugther says her hot link sandwich (hot dog) was fine. I fought every urge I had to walk out and refuse to pay .... only because I heard her speaking to another table about her years in the army and her service to our country. I hope she figures this out -- but white bread sandwiches with processed sandwich meat and cheap powdered soup mixes isn't going to cut it. Maybe stick to the sweets and just sell cupcakes and coffee.

1  Thank jo_coch
Juli J, Owner at Sweet Sabine's, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

I'm truly sorry that she didn't enjoy her lunch. I try very hard to personally greet and talk to every table and had she expressed any concerns, I would have promptly done whatever necessary to make sure she was happy. But I can assure you that none of our soups are ever made from powder of any kind. Yes, we do have some sandwiches on white bread, although it is not Mrs Bairds simply because some sandwiches are best on white bread. We freely allow substitutions of any bread ( there are 6 to choose from) on any sandwich - we freely allow the substitution of just about anything on any sandwich because a persons sandwich tends to be a pretty personal thing. Once again, I'm sorry that your experience was not what you had hoped for.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I used Sweet Sabine's to host a mixer or conference presenters at a Marshall event. The food for the mixer was excellent and the price was quite reasonable. My guests were all impressed with the Bellini's and the Pineapple/melon/mint infused water. The finger food (and chocolate chip cookies that REALLY WERE just like mom used to bake) gave us a great foretaste of the goodies Juli would bring when she provided food at our event.

Her Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwich was probably the most popular menu item. I'm not sure what she mixes it with but it is creamy and delicious and serving it on a buttery, flaky croissant makes for a fantastic light lunch. Guests nearly fought over her buttercream meringue cupcakes.

Sweet Sabine's also has Vegan/Vegetarian offerings and Juli and her staff were all very sweet and friendly.

2  Thank Ask_a_local_71101
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I cant wait to get the first cup of hot cocoa! It looks so very good! All the food looks very yummy to. Hope everyone comes down to the Wonderland of Lights and enjoys a nice warm cup of cocoa! They even have a spot where you can have a whole family event! They are very into the Christmas time spirit. Decorations everywhere! Come down and have the best hot cocoa ever. they love there customers! Have a merry Christmas!