“A hometown standard”

Neely’s Brown Pig
Ranked #14 of 75 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have been meaning to write this for a while. This has been a staple in the community for over 85 years I believe. My brother worked at their location on S. Washington in the 50's and I remember it fondly. They have had several different locations over the years and the one now is just down the road from the original. I stopped in on a motorcycle trip in August 2013. While it may never be featured on "Diners, Drive-in, and Dives", it is nice to relive days of yesteryear. The "Brown Pig" is just how I remember it. There were some old yearbooks from the 50's that had my brother and sister in them and it was great to sit and reminisce. My father was one of the most well known people in the community in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's and they all had known him, which added to the nostalgia. What a great experience.

There are newer reviews for Neely’s Brown Pig

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Neely's is an institution in Marshall. Nothing fancy but a great place to have a brown pig sandwich (and fries and bean and coleslaw). It is always on my "to do" list when I visit my home town.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The brown pig has been a handed down tradition to Marshall residents for many years. Their brown pig sandwich is the equivalent of a Memphis Pulled Pork sandwich and it is delicious. They are actually just the right size to order two if you want a larger meal. That and an order of hot fresh fries and you've got it made. I would definitely recommend it.