“Classic”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Waskom, Texas
“Classic”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Neeley's is not your regular BBQ joint. The best thing on the menu is the Brown Pig, which I grew up on. It's been here for 85 years, so they must be doing something right!

Visited February 2014

Gilmer, Texas
“Hole in the wall good”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went several years ago and loved it so decided to try again while in town serving on jury. The place hadn't changed much. Old time café, clean areas and friendly staff. Drinks were good and French fries hot. The brown pig ( pork sandwich) was tiny but tasty...g
ot out for around 8 bucks with portion just right for lunch. Lots of regulars eating so kinda cool and nostalgic.

• Visited June 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“A really good local landmark”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

When traveling through Marshall you have to take time to grab yourself a "Brown Pig" barbecue sandwich! It was definitely a different kind of barbecue than I have ever had before but well worth the try. The fries are great as well! The service was excellent and while we meeting old friends there they didn't mind us taking up space for over an hour. That goes along way in my book!

Visited April 2014
Greenville, Texas, United States
“A hometown standard”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have been meaning to write this for a while. This has been a staple in the community for over 85 years I believe. My brother worked at their location on S. Washington in the 50's and I remember it fondly. They have had several different locations over the years and the one now is just down the road from the original. I stopped in on a motorcycle trip in August 2013. While it may never be featured on "Diners, Drive-in, and Dives", it is nice to relive days of yesteryear. The "Brown Pig" is just how I remember it. There were some old yearbooks from the 50's that had my brother and sister in them and it was great to sit and reminisce. My father was one of the most well known people in the community in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's and they all had known him, which added to the nostalgia. What a great experience.

• Visited August 2013
“Satisfied my craving for a brown pig”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Neely's is an institution in Marshall. Nothing fancy but a great place to have a brown pig sandwich (and fries and bean and coleslaw). It is always on my "to do" list when I visit my home town.

Visited July 2013