“Typical Applebee's”

Ranked #36 of 76 Restaurants in Marshall
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stopped here en route to Houston. Stopped right at lunchtime on a Friday! They were busy to say the least. On top of that, they were short staffed due to some wait staff calling in. I think they actually had three servers for the entire restaurant. The hostess and bartender were also assisting, bringing food orders to tables and cleaning tables as people left.

Our server, Jennifer, was scrambling, but managed to keep everyone happy. She was very professional and attentive.

The food was well prepared and hot, and of typical Applebee's quality.

1  Thank punkinlr

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stopped here for dinner. It was Easter Sunday. The food was great. The service was professional and friendly. We noticed that the table tent advertised several specials but we weren't able to take advantage of any of them due to our timing. The margaritas were great. We'd go back again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Food came out cold twice, brought it to the managers attention & he shrugged it off. He then sent out a free desert, would have preferred hot food.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

My daughter 2 grandkids and I went there for lunch. I was on my lunch hour and ordered 2 child's meals a Green goddess wedge salad that could not be eaten it was so br
own and the dressing had mold on it. I waited so long on my food that I had to leave after an hour to go back to work so never got to eat. I spent almost $30.00 on that lunch and feel I shouldn't have had to pay at all but there was no manager to complain too. Will NOT go back

2  Thank Christi H
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stopped on our way through town and were horribly disappointed at how BAD this was. We should've left when the three people congregating at the hostess stand didn't even bother to turn and greet us when we arrived. But we went ahead, and so did the problems. We ordered the 2 for $20 and the waitress asked what sides I wanted, but couldn't tell me what my options were. I chose one (steamed vegetables) and she came back, informing me that the second side would be mashed potatoes and I said that was fine. Our waters tasted as if they had come directly from the water hose. Our appetizer (queso) arrived fairly quickly and was tasty. 30 to 45 minutes later, my husband asked our waitress if our food was coming soon, and she assured us that it was. Shortly afterwards, the manager came over and informed us that the waitress had alerted him to the fact that our meal had taken a long time and that he would like to offer us a dollar-off discount, and we were grateful for that. After that our food arrived, but not my drink (a mudslide) that I had requested to come with my meal. I reminded the waitress and she said it would be right over, however, I only had 2 bites of my meal left when it finally arrived. When the check came, we discovered that the late drink was over $8 and we had been charged for loaded mashed potatoes (I did not order or have). Rather than wait to get it fixed, we paid and left. NEVER AGAIN.

2  Thank Emily L