“A Real DUMP, walked in walked out”

Econo Lodge Marshall
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Katy, Texas
“A Real DUMP, walked in walked out”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I prepaid over a travel site by my office, when I arrived it took me 2 minutes to get turn around and get a refund and go down the street. Dirty stained cealing/walls, old/musty smell, rock hard bed, They dont care about the place. Stay away, for the same price, 2 blocks down 3 other hotels that will put it to shame

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Texas
Reviewed 1 November 2010

It's a budget hotel. There's a microwave and fridge which we used. It's older--our room clearly had some water and other assorted damage from the past, but oh well. It was relatively clean. The heating and AC worked--we used both due to time of year. There's some breakfast food--cereal, bagels, pastries. We drove around the I-20/59 area and checked with three hotels. This had the best price and looked pretty okay from the outside. It served our purposes well: as a jumping off point for visiting Caddo Lake and Jefferson. We didn't leave our valuables/important stuff--just in case. People who worked there were nice.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MaggieP6789
KCK
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Nice place to stay. Always had towels, but housekeeping needs help in making beds. Room was cleaned daily. The only problem, someone took a valuable necklace. Someone else other than us who had entry to our room took it.?? Housekeeping????? It was hidden to where the individual had to literally go through our stuff to find it. Keep your valuables locked up if you go there.!!!!!

Stayed July 2008
2 Thank MelnMel
TX
Reviewed 10 March 2008

Stayed at this hotel last weekend and it was much as I expected it to be - very basic.

I had no problems concerning the cleanliness of this facility - I even walked across the carpet wearing white socks and had no dirt transfer to the socks. The bath, sink and toilet were all clean with no stains. The heating and air conditioning both worked well (this being Texas in March, both were needed over the 2 nights I was there).

My only negative comment is in regards to the other guests. There appeared to be a party going on the first night, with the resulting loud music with heavy bass and the debris of beer cans in the parking lot the next morning. The 3 low-rider cars parked in the parking lot apparently generated much admiration, as their car alarms went off numerous times.

All in all, it was a fair price for a reasonable room. If you are expecting the Ritz, this ain't it, but if you need a clean, basic room for a cheap price, this'll do.

• Liked — Price and convenient location
  • Disliked — Inconsiderate guests
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank CatTraveller
Ft. Walton Beach
Reviewed 19 February 2008

I booked this through Choice Hotels 1-800 number while driving. I would sleep in my car before staying at this hotel again. The carpet was absolutely FILTHY!!! The carpet had a sticky, gamy, nasty look and feel to it. My socks stuck to the carpet and turned brown after walking from the bed to the bathroom. The bedding (sheets/blankets) looked 20 years old and WAY past their usefulness. They were worn and beaded up all over and very unfortable. I'd give management a zero because the carpet. My question is: If the carpet is this OBVIOUSLY NASTY, what else is nasty??? Do they use the sheets and blankets without washing them? I'D NEVER STAY IN THE ECONOLODGE AGAIN!!!

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank fun2me

Travellers are raving about these Marshall hotels

Little Rock
Reviewed 24 January 2008

We drove in without a reservation. Requested a non-smoking room. The room smelled faintly of cigar. The water pressure produced a gentle trickle even after I fiddled with the shower head. The pool didn't look so good--of course it's January.
The heating unit provided wonderful heat after driving in cold East Texas in January. The beds were nicely firm without that mushy feel. If we go through Marshall again, we will try another motel.

• Liked — Convenience, firm beds, heating worked well
  • Disliked — Faint smell of cigar, trickle from shower head
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank arkansawtraveler
Kiwi in Texas
Reviewed 21 March 2007

We have stayed at other Econolodges and fully understand the level to expect. Noting that these are cheaper hotels I wasn't expecting too much.

Pros: Handy to the I-20 and some good resturants (can recommend the Italian resturant attached to the Days Inn across the I-20). Friendly desk person. Relatively quiet. Reasonably clean room. Microwave and fridge in room

Cons: The linen.... Towels too small and thin and were stained. Worst aspect was that the bed sheets were too small and didn't stay tucked in. Bedding rode up on both beds leaving us sleeping on an uncomfortable wedge of bedding and the bare mattress. We were glad we only stayed one night.

Complimentary breakfast was a little basic, however, quite accceptable for the price.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with family