“Nice hotel for an extended stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton McAllen
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in McAllen
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Nice hotel for an extended stay”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This is a nice well maintained hotel for the business traveler that lives up to the Hilton brand. Check in was smooth and easy with convenient access to the airport. The rooms are clean and the service is exceptional. A great breakfast and a nice dinner, which was a surprise. They will even tap you a beer. Not really anything fancy. It made my week in McAllen, Texas a great stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
homewood1mcallen, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton McAllen, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable and thank you for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
phoenix, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Comfortable accommodations, good food, excellent staff. I would recommend to other traveling guests and look forward to returning to this hotel in the future. This particle hotel has a lot of activity so please make sure that you book your stay in advance. Otherwise accommodations may be sold out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

homewood1mcallen, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton McAllen, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
On behalf of Homewood Suites McAllen Texas, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your valued feedback.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

If you take the time to read my other TripAdvisor reviews you will see that I am pretty easy to please and I don't complain much. We have been HH members since 1999 and love Homewood Suites, but this hotel was not the norm for Hilton. I was shocked and have included photos. All was fine until we left the elevator on the 4th floor. There was a sour milk smell and it just got worse as we walked to our room. When I got in the room the smell was over powering. I bought some Clorox wipes thinking that maybe it was the room fridge that smelled. Day one we just put up with it, I did ask a few others at the hotel if they thought it smelled one said he could not tell and another agreed with me. My son that was with me noticed the smell the 2nd day of our stay, I had started to get a sore throat and stuffy nose while staying there. I began to look for the source of the odor again (we were visiting my mom in the hospital in McAllen so we just decided to keep the hotel and not waste time moving to another one). I closed the bedroom door and found mold on the wall, I wiped it off, but the next day it was there again. Then I looked up at the ceiling and there was mold around the smoke detector, and mold in one of the corners of the room. As we were walking to breakfast that 2nd day, I saw mold along the edges of the ceiling in the hall way by the elevator also. I am wondering now since we were on the 4th floor, that maybe there was some unknown storm damage on the roof and it had leaked. We will stay at Homewood Suites again, but not ever again at this location. There was a line at the front desk for checkout so we just left our keys and took off for the Drury Suites in McAllen and had a much better week there. This was so unlike a Hiltion property. I hope that they will check out room 416 along with the other rooms on that floor and the roof area. Otherwise the 1st floor was fine (we did not check out the 2nd or 3rd floor), breakfast was good, the ladies taking care of the breakfast area were super great! They did not speak a lot of English, but were always friendly and would try to chat with my son. Get rid of the mold and odor and this will be a great place.

Room Tip: Before you pay for your room ask to see it first to make sure that they have cleaned up the mold iss...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
homewood1mcallen, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton McAllen, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

I am hoping to get an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and do hope to hear from you soon. I am sorry for the experience you had and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions are important to us.

Kindest regrards,
Roxanne Pequeno
roxanne.pequeno@hilton.com
956-630-0500
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

After a very long travel day where nothing seemed to go right, I arrived at this hotel. I made my reservation at least two weeks ago. I am an HHoners member. I am not hard to please but I do always request a higher floor room away from the elevator. When I checked in I was given room 102. First floor directly next to the elevator. I did manage to get a room further from the elevator but still on the first floor. Also, front desk clerk said almost nothing to me. No explanation of breakfast, evening meal, WiFi etc. Not the Hilton experience I am used to. I will say the hotel itself and room is very pretty. Will update after I've stayed if I have a more positive experience. So far I am one unhappy Honors member!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
homewood1mcallen, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton McAllen, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
We greatly apologize for the unnecessary frustrations you experienced. Our goal is to meet and exceed every guests' expectations and we are terribly sorry we failed to do so on your visit. We would love the chance to further discuss your stay. Please feel free to reach out to us at your earliest convenience.
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed in this property a number of times and always had a good exerience for the price but the last time I stayed in room 102. It was noisy, as it was next to the maintenance room and elevator. ALl night long equipment and the elevator made noise loud enough to hear directly in the sleeping area of the room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

homewood1mcallen, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton McAllen, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry for the unfortunate experience you had while staying with us, and I sincerely apologize for the noisy disturbances you encountered during your visit.
Your feedback is important to us and we’re sorry that you were unhappy with the way this issue was handled. Please know that your comments are being addressed with our team and additional steps will be taken to ensure we're doing all we can to serve our guests. We value your business and do hope you'll consider staying with us again.
Monterrey
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Clean, well maintained, Good parking lot size and well illuminated at night.
We got one of the studio rooms and it was pretty spacious. Fridge was great, All the kitchenette was clean and well equippped.

If you are travelling with kids its great because everyone will get plenty of room and you can store or prepare late dinners for them in your room.

Service is kinda rude, I read about this before but decided to give it a try.
Cleaning service is constantly urging you to leave the room on your check out day from more than 2 hours in advance your check out.

There's no late check out so remember that while being here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
homewood1mcallen, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton McAllen, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback for your most recent stay with us. I'm glad you were comfortable during your stay and I apologize that your stay was less than perfect. I have taken your feedback and have share it with all of our staff to ensure that our guest services be a positive experience to all of our future guests. Again thank you and we look forward to better serving you during your next stay.
Mundelein, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Upon checking in until I checked out, I had no issues or concerns with this hotel. This was my first stay at this location, but expected nothing less from a Hilton property. Staff was great and always greeted me with a smile.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family