“Good hotel”

Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in McAllen
Guadalupe
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Although the price was a little bit elevated, it is a nice hotel, very clean. Breakfast is ok, room service is great (but not for front desk). Shower & bathroom are big and very clean. We have a little problem with parking at late hours. McAllen’s hotel rooms were all occupied and this hotel is always a good choice.

Room Tip: get to your room early and you'll have a paking place in front
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Martin_Jimenez
TXLA1, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 - Mcallen/Downtown, responded to this review, 11 November 2012
Thank You for choosing us for your stay in McAllen. We are happy you were pleased with your accommodations. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
MONTERREY
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We havent hot water in the shower, many noise all night long, the parking lot was full and dont have any space to parking my car

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

3 Thank SERGIO H
We apologize for the inconvenience we caused you during your stay. We have worked diligently to resolve the maintenance problem you had during your stay. During our busy weekends, we have plenty of parking behind the hotel for your convenience. Please visit us again soon.
Ajijic, Mexico
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Just stayed here for 3 days. The hotel is in a good location for shopping. It's not fancy but very clean and the hotel staff couldn't have been more friendly & helpful. I was in hotel management for many years & can't say enough good things about them. They apologized for the painting going on but that wasn't a problem. The bed was very comfortable & the TV was OK.

If you're looking for a place with decent restaurants nearby & good shopping within walking distance, for the price this couldn't be topped. Highly recommend if you're looking for clean, friendly & budget-friendly.

Room Tip: I liked being able to walk from the room directly outside. It's on a side street so no traffic...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jengibre
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Stayed at the remada limited in. Loved the service but for starters the location was very difficult to find I had to call the hotel around 3 times. (Even the hotel front desk clerk stated that it was hard to find and that it was something everyone complained about). On the bright side the clerk stayed with me the on the phone the 3rd time till I got to the hotel. And already had my key ready when I got there. Unfortunately he said that he knew that I had wanted a king bed non smoking but that unfortunately he only had a king smoking but that he could get me a two queen non smoking room if I preferred. He handed me the key to the king room and told me to check it out and if I didn't like it to tell him and that he would give me another room. Now I went to the room (207 located on the side of the building) and it didn't smell like smoke so I stayed in that room. Very clean room, had a flat screen TV. Tile floors, nice comfortable bed (only 3 pillows) room was nice and big very spacious. And even though its hard to find, ironically its only around 1 minute away from the main highway. Overall great hotel to spend the night though a pool would of been nice. But for the price of $60 tax included (hotels.com) you can't beat it. Oh also has a mixture of continental and hot breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank CruzMart
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

I am here on business for a few weeks.I have spent the last 5 nights here. Very clean, seems very safe, and comfortable. The TV reception could be slightly better and the water out of the bathroom sink varies in temperature but overall a pleasant stay so far. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank floatmanjay
Mexico
Reviewed 8 April 2010

The hotel is located just off 10th Avenue and is convenient to restaurants and shopping. The rooms were very large and the accommodations were clean and well maintained. The manager and staff were very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank johnanddee2
Republic of Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2009

The outside isn't much to write about, except that it looked as if some repainting was going on. The rooms had been updated and were nicer than I expected for $60 a night. New paint and decorations, marble topped side tables and desk. Mini fridge was cold and microwave worked. A/C worked great. It was 102 outside, but my room was chilly. Bathroom had been updated nicely, but was small. My room actually entered on the ground floor, but the room was up stairs. Sort of like a little studio apartment. The kingsize bed was excellent, with great pillows too. No pool if you have kids. The wireless internet connected easily, and ran plenty fast for me. The front desk help was quite friendly, and coffee and a muffin is about max for me and breakfast, so that was fine too. Parking in front is limited, but I had no problem during the week. It probably fills up on weekends. For a three night business stay on the cheap, it was a good deal: 7 minutes to the golf course, and 12 to the office. For around $60 a night, this was a nice little hotel. I'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business