“McAllen Super 8 is great”

Super 8 - Mcallen/Downtown
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in McAllen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Came back to Texas and stayed at this property we were really surprised. Staff Was nice,rooms were clean and we got a late check out like we requested, nobody hesistated to say yes, which is hard to get a late check out at no extra cost.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mskarla98
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am still thinking about our visit to McAllen and our stay at the Super 8 downtown! I didn't know what to expect and to my surprise ... it was a blessing! We were there for an event at the convention center so we were busy. The staff was so accommodating, friendly, helpful... I have not had an experience like this one! They made sure everything went right for us, we made friends there! Our room was spacious, beautifully remodeled, tile floors, a suite really. Clean and comfortable and my little geriatric poodle was also treated as guest! I love this place! Thank you so much for everything Johnny, Victor and Angel!! It is easy to see that quality care of their patrons is top priority! The location is is great! Close to everything! Walking distance to many eateries and shops. We will be there again in August, making reservations today!

Room Tip: Just tell them what you need and they are happy to accommodate.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kristine H
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Excellent place too stay.. Very clean, professional, and great location. Staff goes above and beyond too accomadate you and your needs. Definitely would recommend too anyone. I accidentally left my IPad while staying here and the Staff went out of there way too ship my $600 IPad back too my residence in Tennessee. I am very grateful for there generosity!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sean S
Clifton, Tx
Reviewed 18 July 2014

After many Super 8 stays in many states, this one is easily the cleanest, most comfortable. Even the bed sheets seem to be neatly ironed-- just like grandmother used to do!

Thanks for a Super stay! Booked here again for a stay later in the year. Great AARP rates, too.

Room Tip: Front desk personnel want to satisfy preferences. Ask and give them that opportunity.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jrdtsta
Prosser, Washington, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel was so clean and I love how all the rooms had tile floors and granite tops all over. It was really clean and had friendly service, Johnny was great and I wish I had the names of the man and woman that checked us in the night before because they were awesome too. It was refreshing to walk into a smoking room and it smelled so good. We are smokers and it amazed us how clean the room was. Will definitely be back if and when we come back to McAllen. And the prices are amazing! $69.00!!!! No body can beat that for such a great room!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank sweetpea2002
Travellers also viewed these McAllen hotels
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel McAllen
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#28 of 42 in McAllen
Hampton Inn & Suites McAllen

Been to Super 8 - Mcallen/Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 - Mcallen/Downtown

Property: Super 8 - Mcallen/Downtown
Address: 1505 S 9th St, Exp 83 West and 9th Street, McAllen, TX 78501-2903 (Formerly Ramada Limited McAllen)
Region: United States > Texas > McAllen
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
#1 Best Value Hotel in McAllen
#1 Family Hotel in McAllen
#2 Business Hotel in McAllen
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 - Mcallen/Downtown 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Super 8 - Mcallen/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mcallen Ramada