“Won't Be Back!”

Ranked #32 of 42 Hotels in McAllen
Victoria, Texas
“Won't Be Back!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Our visit started off OK, but then it went downhill. After breakfast, we left to go sight seeing. Later that evening, we came back to our room. Nothing had been done to the room --- not cleaned, beds not made, towels not replaced, trash not emptied! When we complained, they tried to say that we had put the do not disturb sign out. We had NOT done this! They did give us more towels and a plastic bag so we could empty our trash!! Even then we had to go to the front desk to get them!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovestrees
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn McAllen, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We value guest feedback as it helps us improve the guest experience. We are sorry to hear you were so disappointed with your recent stay at Pear Tree Inn McAllen. Please contact me at your leisure to further discuss the way you were treated.

Greg Castillo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many many times. It's always clean and they give me a good rate. The new girl they have working the desk is not the norm here. She's rude and tried to argue with me about when the last time I stayed here! I'm guessing it was her boyfriend at the counter the whole time just looking at me like he was watching over her. She screwed up on my bill then argued how it was right. As said I've stayed here MANY times. I think I know what my bill should be. Well she was wrong and needs to learn how to treat customers. Fair warning Drury you got issues with the new girl working evenings at the pear tree inn in McAllen Texas.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
We are very concerned with the impression you were left with after your stay at our hotel. We are very sorry to have given you this impression. It runs completely counter to our spirit of genuine hospitality. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and once again on behalf of our entire team, We apologize for the manner in which you were treated. If I may be of service to you in the future please contact me directly at the hotel.

Greg Castillo
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2012

My husband & I stayed here for a week in early November along with other members of a butterfly watching group. Rooms are simple and clean and such a good value. Liked the glass elevator and free breakfast selections. The Happy Hour (really 1.5 hours) is a nice "perk", and we usually made it back to the hotel each evening after viewing elusive and rare butterflies (with much success) to enjoy wine or beer with chips, salsa, popcorn. I'd recommend staying here for budget-minded couples and families. Staff was always friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Our room on the third floor looked out onto the lobby/elevator with no outside window view. It was...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Central Texas
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel is located in a convenient location ad was a very good value. Nothing special, but the poeple were friendly and the room was a good deal for the money. when we were there beer was offered certain evenings in the hotel happy hour. The beer was cold and the atmosphere was fun

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 17 August 2012

You should really consider staying here. It was surprisingly nice and great value. Lots of families with children, so you do need to be tolerant! Stayed for two nights. Easy parking, safe lighting, comfortable, clean rooms and decent beds. Hot breakfast included eggs, sausage, biscuits with gravy, waffles, fresh fruit. Coffee and tea available all day and night - YAY!
Missed happy hour snacks (pretzels, chips, salsa) and beverages (wine, beer, soda) both nights, but it's available.
Good restaurants nearby-- I recommend the Republic of the Rio Grande (10th St.), Red Lobster, and Furr's Buffet.
I chose this hotel because of the reviews on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed!

Room Tip: First floor is noisier because of proximity to lobby, pool, and breakfast area. If you want a quiet...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank autrevie
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I made a reservation with Pear Tree Inn for 3 nights based on good reviews here and incredibly inexpensive stay. I stayed at Embassy Suite before but with the double $$, I decided not to this time. I didn't regret with that. My stay was pleasant. Staffs were friendly and let me check in at 11am. The room was clean and looked nice with the brick wall. There was hassle-free WIFI to use for free. TV was old fashioned but I didn't pay much attention. There was a coffee maker in the room. No fridge, no microwave, no safe but who cares (I don't). You can stop by the lobby and get free popcorn and hot coffee anytime.. that's sweet. Everything was too good for something below $70 a night. Stay here!!

• Stayed March 2012
thompson,nd
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We will stay again if we get to south Texas. Good food, nice rooms, friendly staff. Wish all hotels were like this one! Thanks to Tripadvisor, we found it!

Room Tip: Inside room we stayed in was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family