“Worth more than we paid” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn McAllen

Residence Inn McAllen
Ranked #26 of 42 Hotels in McAllen
Gurnee, Illinois
“Worth more than we paid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Would definately stay here again. THE PROS: Spacious room; very comfortable bed; comfortable sofa and recliner; excellent breakfast; great internet connection; dinner 3x a week; clean, well kept property. The CONS: The towels were stiff and rough; the pool water was cold; the "business center" printer only printed in B&W; the furniture was beyond its prime.

It was a challenge to find their location. The other hotels in the area have eye-level signs to attract the driver's sight. This hotel has an aerial sign to attract the highway traveller - although it is not located on the highway!

I wouldn't call the staff friendly or unfriendly. The only greeting we got during a 5 day stay was a "Hello" from someone in the manager's office as we passed by the door one morning. The desk staff couldn't even recommend a good pizza place. Housekeeping honored the "Do Not Disturb" and the room was spotless upon our return.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joshua R, General Manager at Residence Inn McAllen, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and giving us your feeback on your recent stay. We are looking into putting more signs out by the access road. Thanks again for your time and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn in McAllen, TX. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and the beds very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends. We will return to this hotel when we come back to McAllen.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joshua R, General Manager at Residence Inn McAllen, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff lived up to top service. The beds are very comfortable and we do receive those comments. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stay at this particular hotel on a weekly basis and I have to say its a great hotel for the value. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The property is well kept and the staff is amazing. The staff goes above and beyond to help accommodate the customers. I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joshua R, General Manager at Residence Inn McAllen, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Thank you Joyce S. for your comments and feedback! We enjoy having you as one of our guests weekly. We pride ourselves in providing top service from the heart and Marriott Culture. Thanks again for your time and we look forward to your next visit. Please call me direct or any of the super star employees from the Residence Inn McAllen.
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

Breakfast every morning, dinner Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday included. I love they have stoves and refigerators. Not a mini refigerator either! I like to have lunch in my room and love being able to cook it and relax while working split shifts. The couch (chaise) is sooooo comfy, I usually end up falling asleep there. Every one has been friendly and is always looking for ways to make your stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: I like the higher floors - seems to have less noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time and giving us your feedback and great comments about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Marriott McAllen. We are very proud of our Service and staff here. Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to having you back soon. Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservations or any of the staff.
956-994-8626
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed here over the weekend for a conference. Hotel is nice and clean, COLD AC...I like that. Security was on site...at least I saw them a few times. The one bedroom king suite I had was spacious, comfortable and I had no problems.

The enterance was a little hard to find, because you see the sign from the road, but the hotel is actually off the freeway and the turn comes up very quickly. Check in was fast, the staff was very helpful with directions to the convention center.

If you are staying for a longer period of time, you get a kitchen and full fridge to cook your own meals in your room.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area and further from the back door are the quietest.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joshua R, General Manager at Residence Inn McAllen, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time and givings us your experience at the Hotel. We are working with the city to see where else off the highway we can put another sign. Once again, thank you for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed the Hotel. Next time in McAllen give us a call.

Texas City, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed here a few nights in May 2012 during a business trip to McAllen, Texas. The hotel is an older property that has been renovated and is in good repair. The hotel sits back from the freeway about 1/2 a block, lending a bit more quiet for guests (another hotel is located between the freeway and the Residence Inn, absorbing much of the road noise). Check-in was quick and without issues. I was upgraded without asking to a larger room.Hotel staff seemed genuinely interested in providing a relaxing stay.Flat screen TVs were located in the living room and bedroom (this is an extended stay suite hotel, complete with full kitchen). Mattress was comfy. I wouldhave liked a thicker comforter. My room had a gas fireplace (who knows why in South Texas), but I did not use it. Had I stayed for an entire month I would have been comfortable. The wireless internet was fast enough to stream music and video TV shows, and provided a steady signal, without a fee. The free internet from the next-door Drury Inn is also useable, surprisingly. Reception staff indicated the hotel was frequently booked full. An Olive Garden Restaurant is next door, an easy stroll for a dinner. Other than that one has to drive to get a meal out.McAllen is not that big, and all of the expected chain restaurants line both sides of the freeway for a few miles. Otherwise a drive north on 10th street offers many local eateries, grocery stores, etc. The hotel is five (5) minutes away from the McAllen Airport. A large hospital is directly across from the freeway.A large shopping mall(La Plaza Mall I think) is situated between the airport and the freeway and is about 1 1/2 miles from the hotel. Hot food is offered free evenings Monday-Wednesday. Beer and wine are offered free with evening meals. A good continental breakfast is provided gratis daily from 0630-0900 weekdays. Weekends breakfast starts thirty minutes later. Breakfast offering include four (4) warm food choices, usually scrambled eggs, hash, egg + ham biscuit sandwiches, bacon and other offerings that are rotated daily. Oatmeal, yogurt, breads, cereals and waffles are also offered. A small workout room is provided with a couple of treadmills, stair-climber and a stationary bike. The hotel offers complimentary passes to a local fully-equipped gym. There are many newer hotels located near the freeway and Ware Road, but this one was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the courtyard and pool area. Some of the longer-term guests congregate the...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bahnreise
Joshua R, General Manager at Residence Inn McAllen, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
We would like to thank you for taking the time and putting your comments regarding your Hotel stay. We will share with the staff and we look forward to having you back at the Hotel in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly for future bookings. Once again, thank you for your time.

Keller, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I have traveled to many places for business and I give two thumbs up to the hotel staff and the hotel itself. I wished I could name everyone Lettie :), Christina, Joshua, Alex, Jay..and those not named are AWESOME! From the manager, Asst. manager, front desk, housekeeping staff, hospitality to maintenance; they all make you feel welcomed.
This is my second time to stay at this hotel. I had the choice during this trip to stay at another hotel but I CHOSE to return to this hotel.
Reason?
I felt like I was home away from home; safe, with staff always smiling, and making sure I was comfortable in all levels of my stay. Every morning, there is a large selection of breakfast items, not your typical Continental breakfast! The coffee is great and it was my jump start to take with me on the way to work. Dinner offered on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays make for a wonderful retreat back to the hotel after a long day at work. It offers convenience of not having to eat out and saves money for yourself or the Company. And to top it off, there is complimentary wine and beer too.

3 floors at this hotel. I am a light sleeper so I enjoyed my room on the third floor. I recommend the backside of hotel as the front faces the swimming pool which might be loud. There's also a grill to use by the pool. The rooms are spacious with a stove and full refrigerator. I had the luxury of making my meals. The bed was super comfortable.

There is also a workout room with two treadmills but you have an option of going down the street approximately one mile away to work out at the new Freedom Fitness with a dark room (exercise equipment with tv's) makes for a theater effect. Take your hotel key with you to sign in and work out for free!

Being a reality show junkie, I missed not being able to watch my Bravo shows in my room. But that is all I can complain about and my husband taped my shows back home so I didn't miss out!

I am the type of person, if an establishment of any kind gives above average service, I will share the wealth of information so others can experience the same experience that I had the pleasure of having.

Thank you Trip Advisor for giving this opportunity. I hope to return again one day.

Marissa Gonzalez

Room Tip: Third floor facing backside or East.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you So Much for your comments! I will pass them along to the staff and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. It was our pleasure you have you and your group at our Hotel. Thanks again,