“Decent hotel for price (Not good for business traveler / good for cheap clean place)”
Review of Drury Inn McAllen

Drury Inn McAllen
Ranked #16 of 42 Hotels in McAllen
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Clean low cost hotel with good service (free breakfast and happy hour). The work-out "facility" only has a treadmill and a bike. Few resturants nearyby to walk to...but some are a quick 5-10 min drive.

This was booked through my companies travel team, if traveling for business I would not recommend staying here; however, if it was my own money and I needed a quick, safe, cheap and clean place I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mesquite
Reviewed 30 January 2013

By far the best value. A clean, comfortable room. AdAlso had a nice breakfast plus evening food and drinks and unlimited soda and coffee until 10PM. A very nice fitness center. The staff was friendly and courteous. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Betty L
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I come to McAllen every week on business and stay here. I have tried most hotels in the area and this one is by far the best. They have excellent customer service as well as other perks. They serve a buffet style breakfast in the morning which is very good and also have dinner/snacks/drinks in the evening for free. The rooms are also very nice and clean.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JenGirl12
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This is an older hotel, but it was pretty clean. The breakfast was ample and there was a wide selection. Apparently, this plus the price of the motel makes it popular with families. There were lots of kids and they were everywhere--including the exercise room. When I inquired about the age restrictions, the clerk said that he would boot the kids out because they were under 18.. The kids were back the next night, so I didn't bother to go in. If you like things like having white towels white, go elsewhere. The towels were all grayish. If you like fluffy toilet paper, go elsewhere. This is a motel where families can get more bang for their buck. The drawing card for us was that we took our two small dogs along and they allowed pets without charging extra. Next time we are boarding the dogs and paying more for the extra comfort. If you want breakfast, dinner, snacks and you're taking the kids and the dog, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Don't get the room with two full-sized beds. The room was small and the bathroom tiny.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Txteacher8
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed at the Drury Inn, in McAllen Texas on the first week of March 2012 with my wife and two children. If you get to register before 7 pm, you will get complimentary snacks, soda, and beer! I know many hotels that offer a happy hour (2x1), but few that offer Very Happy two hours (complimentary snacks and drinks including beer!)
Our room was very spacious, clean, and had strong WiFi signal.
The hotel is located right on Highway 83, just across the “street“ from the Medical Center. There is a Shoneys (All you can eat) dinner buffet next door that we found ok, for $6.99
You can also order pizza to your room, if you like.
This hotel has a very clean swimming pool that my children enjoyed.
The hotel also offers complimentary hot breakfast. On weekends, you have to go there early (before 8am) to secure a table, and avoid long lines. The busiest lines you will find them at the waffles station.
I recommend this place to any family traveling with children, to any business traveler, and to those people wanting to be staying close to the McAllen Medical Center.
I hope this review is helpful. Happy trails!

Room Tip: Check in by 5 pm to take advantage of the happy hours! Complimentary snacks and drinks.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank anmegk
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2012

An excellent overall experience. Free wi-fi, clean rooms, attentive and friendly service, ample parking, free breakfast (with lots to choose from), free dinner (with lots to choose from and adult beverages), and late night popcorn and soda. It's like staying with the grandparents!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 June 2011

The staff at Drury Inn ROCK! They go out of their way to make sure the guests are happy!

I came to the Valley due to family illness, so the trip was unexpected and stressful. I had made reservations at hotel in Edinburg checked in ...only to discover that my room was just plain nasty dirty.

My sister recommend that I call the Drury Inn and so I did. I explained to them, that I could not stay at the hotel in Edinburg. They told me to come on over and they assured me that they would find me a clean comfortable room for myself and my puppy.

I was quoted a rate similar to the other hotel. When I arrived, I was told that I was told that I was being upgraded to a suite, due to the fact that this was the only rooms left. I was given the suite at the "regular" room rate!! WOW!

The front desk staff was very kind and helpful. They told me if I needed any help with anything just to let them know. (They knew that I was in town to see my dying grandmother).

They loved my little puppy!!

The room was huge and very clean! I was very comfortable for the 5 days that I stayed with them.

They offer a fabulous...yummy... breakfast. And some sort of "happy hour" snack bar.

While I did not use the pool area, it was very clean.

They offer a small computer room and free WiFi.

Lots of grass grass around the hotel for doggie potty breaks.

I highly recommend this hotel and so does Stella, my little Chihuahua.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family