“Wonderful customer service!”

Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in McAllen
Houston
“Wonderful customer service!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I just got back from my trip to san juan texas (10-20 minute drive from the hotel), and I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't know where we (my church group) were going to stay and when we pulled up to this inn, my first thought was, " oh great, we're going to be sleeping in a musty old room." Going inside, it was the contrary to what I had in mind. It was very clean and orderly. We were welcomed with complimentary popcorn and drinks, which is something that I've never seen done in other hotels (not even the Hilton). In the room, I found the place the same as the front, neat, clean, and orderly. In the late afternoon, they serve a complimentary "dinner" and alcoholic beverages. They have an awesome breakfast which includes a variety of breakfast items (biscuits and gravy, sausage, coffee, OJ, apple juice, milk, cereal, oatmeal with a choice to add on raisins, brown sugar, or granola, scrambled egg with the choice of toppings like cheese with ham, waffles, and so much more) One more thing, the staff has wonderful customer service, very attentive, friendly, and always have a smile on their face. All in all, it was a pleasant experience, and definitely think of coming back when I'm in town. Totally recommend this to anyone who is looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank alejandra_dbd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I went to McAllen for business for a week and this Hotel made my stay delightful. I had a suite and it was very nice and clean. They served breakfast hot every day too. i will stay here again expecially due to its good pricing and even better location to everywhere.

Room Tip: Get a suite, not much more than a regular room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mike k
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Not the fanciest or newest but has everything you need and more. Staff is very friendly, rooms are clean and comfy, good breakfast plus an evening light meal including DRINKS. We spent 10 days there in January and a week last year...very pleased!

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmbrph
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Clean low cost hotel with good service (free breakfast and happy hour). The work-out "facility" only has a treadmill and a bike. Few resturants nearyby to walk to...but some are a quick 5-10 min drive.

This was booked through my companies travel team, if traveling for business I would not recommend staying here; however, if it was my own money and I needed a quick, safe, cheap and clean place I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff K
Mesquite
Reviewed 30 January 2013

By far the best value. A clean, comfortable room. AdAlso had a nice breakfast plus evening food and drinks and unlimited soda and coffee until 10PM. A very nice fitness center. The staff was friendly and courteous. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Betty L
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I come to McAllen every week on business and stay here. I have tried most hotels in the area and this one is by far the best. They have excellent customer service as well as other perks. They serve a buffet style breakfast in the morning which is very good and also have dinner/snacks/drinks in the evening for free. The rooms are also very nice and clean.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JenGirl12
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This is an older hotel, but it was pretty clean. The breakfast was ample and there was a wide selection. Apparently, this plus the price of the motel makes it popular with families. There were lots of kids and they were everywhere--including the exercise room. When I inquired about the age restrictions, the clerk said that he would boot the kids out because they were under 18.. The kids were back the next night, so I didn't bother to go in. If you like things like having white towels white, go elsewhere. The towels were all grayish. If you like fluffy toilet paper, go elsewhere. This is a motel where families can get more bang for their buck. The drawing card for us was that we took our two small dogs along and they allowed pets without charging extra. Next time we are boarding the dogs and paying more for the extra comfort. If you want breakfast, dinner, snacks and you're taking the kids and the dog, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Don't get the room with two full-sized beds. The room was small and the bathroom tiny.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family